Default Ping: Greg

On Sun, 20 Nov 2016 12:31:24 -0600, Califbill

On Sun, 20 Nov 2016 09:00:20 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

I have to admit, the GOP was very successful in rounding up its base of
racists, sexists, anti-gays, xenophobes, anti-environmentalists,
anti-science types, crazy religious zealots, et cetera. Of course, this
means the country will fall apart. Hopefully, I'll be around long enough
to see the Trump-GOP caused destruction get off to a good start.

When you describe half of the country like that you get the kind of
result we just saw. More significant than the white house is the
number of state legislatures that were flipped by people who felt
disaffected by that kind of rhetoric.
If you think there are not people who simply want to get away from the
same old **** from Washington, you need to get out of DC more.

Now they want 10% of the land area to pick the POTUS. How about changing
the EC to the one who gets the most land mass voting for them.

The system we have had for the last 237 years is just fine.
The only time anyone bitches is when they lose a close election.
Can you imagine the recounts we would be in if they only had to find a
million votes across 50 states and tens of thousands of election
districts? We would have to push the inauguration back to june or july
and that still might not do it.

On Sun, 20 Nov 2016 12:40:26 -0600, Califbill
wrote:

I bet they do not
have a large malpractice industry either.

That is true just about everywhere than here. When you have lawyers on
TV in every commercial break looking for people who want "free money"
and no real penalty for frivolous suits, it is the recipe for
disaster. Since most legislators are lawyers, I doubt anything will
change soon.
Down here we have the biggest tort lawyer in the state, running for
governor in 2018 (responsible for 60% of the total number of actions
in the central and southern district) it starts to make Scott look
like a saint.

Kalif Swill guzzles...

"You mean the Crown Corporation does not cover any health insurance?
Supplemental? Â*All Canadians pay for health care. Â*Some more than others.
All pay with a near buck a liter tax on gasoline. Â*And those who pay income
tax, at,least 50%. Â*Plus what's the VAT tax in your province?"

Say what?
Our gas is 96 cents a liter right now. How could we be paying a buck a liter taxes?
Income tax of 50 per cent? You'd have to make a pretty good income to pay that much. I've paid income tax all my life and never paid that.

True North wrote:
Kalif Swill guzzles...

"You mean the Crown Corporation does not cover any health insurance?
Supplemental? Â*All Canadians pay for health care. Â*Some more than others.
All pay with a near buck a liter tax on gasoline. Â*And those who pay income
tax, at,least 50%. Â*Plus what's the VAT tax in your province?"

Say what?
Our gas is 96 cents a liter right now. How could we be paying a buck a liter taxes?
Income tax of 50 per cent? You'd have to make a pretty good income to
pay that much. I've paid income tax all my life and never paid that.

Last trip to BC. Was $1.19 a liter. Add up your taxes, and see what the
percentage is. Sorry, meant a buck a gallon. 3.7 liters per gallon. So
close to $3.60 a gallon. Probably $2.40 a gallon for US average. Your
income is on the low end., so expect low tax rates on your income.

On Sunday, 20 November 2016 20:19:07 UTC-4, Califbill wrote:
True North wrote:
Kalif Swill guzzles...

"You mean the Crown Corporation does not cover any health insurance?
Supplemental? Â*All Canadians pay for health care. Â*Some more than others.
All pay with a near buck a liter tax on gasoline. Â*And those who pay income
tax, at,least 50%. Â*Plus what's the VAT tax in your province?"

Say what?
Our gas is 96 cents a liter right now. How could we be paying a buck a liter taxes?
Income tax of 50 per cent? You'd have to make a pretty good income to
pay that much. I've paid income tax all my life and never paid that.

Last trip to BC. Was $1.19 a liter. Add up your taxes, and see what the
percentage is. Sorry, meant a buck a gallon. 3.7 liters per gallon. So
close to $3.60 a gallon. Probably $2.40 a gallon for US average. Your
income is on the low end., so expect low tax rates on your income

Low end? What would you consider "low end" Swill?

On Fri, 18 Nov 2016 18:14:53 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

My oldest grandson is in his 6th week of US Coast Guard boot camp. He
just called home with news of his first duty station:

http://navaltoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/USCGC-Tahoma-Back-in-Portsmouth-Homeport.jpg

Well, it's not an Abrams tank, but I suppose it'll do.

Congrats to him!

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 07:11:24 -0600, Boating All Out wrote:

In article ,
says...

On 11/18/2016 10:40 PM, RGrew176 wrote:

Congratulations on your Grandsons career choice.

Don't know if it will be a career, but he was brought up (like many of
us) that at some point in your life it is an honorable thing to do to
do something to serve your country. Old school philosophy that I am
pleased was passed on to my kids and now to their kids. Four years is
a very short period of time and the experience and maturity gained is
well worth it, especially for a 19 year old. Sure beats sitting around
on some high school or college campus participating in a "cry-in"
because your liberal teachers or professors encouraged you to do so
after their political candidate got whooped.

Some local election?

I believe he's referring to the national election for President. If you think he's making up a
story, you're very wrong.

On Sun, 20 Nov 2016 10:01:05 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

On Sunday, 20 November 2016 12:21:56 UTC-4, justan wrote:
Boating All Out Wrote in message:
In article ,
says...

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 10:20:36 -0600, Boating All Out
wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:

Sure beats sitting around
on some high school or college campus participating in a "cry-in"
because your liberal teachers or professors encouraged you to do so
after their political candidate got whooped.

Some local election?

Still in denial? ... or are you one of those people holding out for 30
faithless electors?

Nope. But I don't consider it a "whooping," since the "whoopee" got over
1 1/2 million more votes than the "whooper."

Too bad that is not how it works huh?
If you look at the election map by county you see a sea of red,
punctuated by little drops of blue in places dominated by the elites
and welfare cheats.

Right. One and a half million voters plus half the voters in the country
are elites and welfare cheats. That's a real smart argument.

You might be underestimating a bit. There's a lot of folks out
there with their hand out. Take Harry and Donnie for
example.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Sorry Justine...I pay for whatever benefits I get and much more.

Do your taxes cover your benefits?

On Sun, 20 Nov 2016 12:37:40 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

Our gas is 96 cents a liter right now.

That would be almost $4US a gallon and we are paying less than $2 in
Ft Myers.
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

Our gas is 96 cents a liter right now.

That would be almost $4US a gallon and we are paying less than $2 in
Ft Myers.

1.82per gal in Effingham IL today. And that's whith gobs of taxes applied per gal. too

Ping: Greg Mr. Luddite General 3 February 3rd 16 05:11 PM
Ping: Wayne, Greg Eagle Cam Mr. Luddite General 1 February 8th 15 05:51 PM
Ping: Greg Wayne.B General 5 January 31st 15 11:31 PM
Yo Greg! John H.[_5_] General 13 May 4th 12 01:35 AM