Default Ping: Greg

True North wrote:
On Sunday, 20 November 2016 20:19:07 UTC-4, Califbill wrote:
True North wrote:
Kalif Swill guzzles...

"You mean the Crown Corporation does not cover any health insurance?
Supplemental? Â*All Canadians pay for health care. Â*Some more than others.
All pay with a near buck a liter tax on gasoline. Â*And those who pay income
tax, at,least 50%. Â*Plus what's the VAT tax in your province?"

Say what?
Our gas is 96 cents a liter right now. How could we be paying a buck a liter taxes?
Income tax of 50 per cent? You'd have to make a pretty good income to
pay that much. I've paid income tax all my life and never paid that.

Last trip to BC. Was $1.19 a liter. Add up your taxes, and see what the
percentage is. Sorry, meant a buck a gallon. 3.7 liters per gallon. So
close to $3.60 a gallon. Probably $2.40 a gallon for US average. Your
income is on the low end., so expect low tax rates on your income

Low end? What would you consider "low end" Swill?

Your income. You are a retired janitor. How much did you make a year?
How much is your pension? How much did you save? You only look at cheap
boats, not what you would really like. Impressed with a person you can
crew on with a 30' boat. I was a professional Silicon Valley engineer.
Most likely a 5x factor salary of a janitor at least. Stock options, not
granted to a janitor. They are easy to hire. A good engineer? Much
harder to hire. Companies compete on salary, benefits, options, and how
interesting the job is. I turned down a job at Sandisk, for a biomedical
engineering job, as it was more interesting, then doing the firmware for a
SCSI interface memory chip.

wrote:
On Sun, 20 Nov 2016 12:37:40 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

Our gas is 96 cents a liter right now.

That would be almost $4US a gallon and we are paying less than $2 in
Ft Myers.

There dollar is only about .86 of our dollar last I looked.

True North wrote:
Kalif Swill guzzles...

"You mean the Crown Corporation does not cover any health insurance?
Supplemental? All Canadians pay for health care. Some more than others.
All pay with a near buck a liter tax on gasoline. And those who pay income
tax, at,least 50%. Plus what's the VAT tax in your province?"

[...]

Bilious, obviously, you were a regular Steve Wozniak, except he isn't an
ignorant asshole, like you are. And he is talented...and
interesting...and not a functional illiterate.

Wow...a "professional Silicon Valley engineer..." Golly gee. Gosh. Is
that what your business card said?

wrote:

Our gas is 96 cents a liter right now.

That would be almost $4US a gallon and we are paying less than $2 in
Ft Myers.

There dollar is only about .86 of our dollar last I looked.

You really should stop commenting on the language skills of others, Mr.
Silicon Valley engineer.

wrote:

Our gas is 96 cents a liter right now.

That would be almost $4US a gallon and we are paying less than $2 in
Ft Myers.

1.82per gal in Effingham IL today. And that's whith gobs of taxes applied per gal. too

And not only that, but Effingham has an ugly steel cross that its
sponsors believe is one of the "largest" in the United States, 198 feet
tall, making the town a "must see" for, well, I suppose, cross lovers
looking for cheap gasoline.

True North wrote:
[...]

Janitors make good money working for the Crown Corp.?

wrote:

Our gas is 96 cents a liter right now.

That would be almost $4US a gallon and we are paying less than $2 in
Ft Myers.

1.82per gal in Effingham IL today. And that's whith gobs of taxes applied per gal. too

And not only that, but Effingham has an ugly steel cross that its
sponsors believe is one of the "largest" in the United States, 198 feet
tall, making the town a "must see" for, well, I suppose, cross lovers
looking for cheap gasoline.

Anyone ever tell you you're weird?

wrote:

Our gas is 96 cents a liter right now.

That would be almost $4US a gallon and we are paying less than $2 in
Ft Myers.

There dollar is only about .86 of our dollar last I looked.

You really should stop commenting on the language skills of others, Mr.
Silicon Valley engineer.

Is that all you have to be proud of? And if you think they're so
great, why don't you put them togood use?

True North wrote:
[...]

It's not so much the money. It's all the free booze.

True North wrote:
[...]

There isn't much room to store a decent size boat on a 4000sf lot
along with his house, a car, and a couple of out houses. You've
heard him complain about how difficult it is to place his little
boat in storage.

Ping: Greg Mr. Luddite General 3 February 3rd 16 05:11 PM
Ping: Wayne, Greg Eagle Cam Mr. Luddite General 1 February 8th 15 05:51 PM
Ping: Greg Wayne.B General 5 January 31st 15 11:31 PM
Yo Greg! John H.[_5_] General 13 May 4th 12 01:35 AM