Default Jesus Saves!

On 2/27/2014 1:04 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Thu, 27 Feb 2014 12:21:22 -0600, HanK wrote:

On 2/27/2014 9:09 AM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Thu, 27 Feb 2014 09:45:29 -0500, F*O*A*D wrote:

On 2/27/14, 9:39 AM, Tim wrote:
On Thursday, February 27, 2014 7:57:26 AM UTC-6, F*O*A*D wrote:
On 2/27/14, 8:55 AM, Tim wrote:

Pardon me. Allow me to repeat myself-

"Doesn't make me wonder much about some peoples misconceived (pardon the pun) ideas..."

I got it the first time. Interesting how belief and reality take

divergent paths, eh?

Could be, but art work is never reality.

Oh, I've seen "artwork" that so closely duplicates reality, anyone would
be hard-pressed to tell the difference. But, then, that's not really
what we mean here, right?

Please don't take my comments about "faith" personally. I respect your
right to your religious beliefs and as I have mentioned more than once,
I am not an atheist...I am agnostic.

...and, Tim, he is an agnostic with integrity.

Are you absolutely sure that is what you meant to say?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrity

Yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

What a relief. I thought you might have been going daft.

On 2/27/14, 1:51 PM, KC wrote:

On 2/27/14, 8:55 AM, Tim wrote:

Pardon me. Allow me to repeat myself-

"Doesn't make me wonder much about some peoples misconceived
(pardon the pun) ideas..."

I got it the first time. Interesting how belief and reality take

divergent paths, eh?

Could be, but art work is never reality.

Oh, I've seen "artwork" that so closely duplicates reality, anyone
would
be hard-pressed to tell the difference. But, then, that's not really
what we mean here, right?

Please don't take my comments about "faith" personally. I respect
your
right to your religious beliefs and as I have mentioned more than
once,
I am not an atheist...I am agnostic.

I think your agnosticism often spills over into politics more than the
ones with faith who you complain about does.

Really? You don't see me trying to pass laws that restrict gays.

You couldn't if you wanted to. To my knowledge, you've never held public
office of any sort. You're just an opinionated gas bag.

He would work to pass laws that hurt gays... as well as straights, men,
women, children, Americans in general, so again, he is lying...

Oh, really? What laws might those be, Scotty?

Tim Tim is offline

On Thursday, February 27, 2014 11:19:41 AM UTC-6, F*O*A*D wrote:

When some religious right-winger or exclusionary right-winger steps on

my brothers and sisters, he steps on me.

"Steps on you???" Harry, you trample people right and left.

I'm not like Tim, who apparently thinks denial of civil liberties is of no concern to him because the ones under discussion are not taking place in his state, county, town, or rural delivery route.

Harry, I dont' wear a superman suit nor do I intend to. Though they may you, I look that some things are not for me to worry about.

"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the

manor of thy friend's or of thine own we any man's death diminishes

me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know

for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

It's part of a very religious piece but apparently is easily ignored by

"the religious."

looks more political than religious.
Tim Tim is offline

On Thursday, February 27, 2014 10:08:55 AM UTC-6, thumper wrote:
On 2/26/2014 1:13 PM, Tim wrote:

Bottom line is... Without 'faith' there is no 'hope' -

I have faith in a Creator, His Son, and the hope of a

life everlasting when my body 's been given to be worm food.

Why does 'life' have to be infinite to have meaning?

Not to all evidently, but for some of us, it does...

Tim Tim is offline

On 2/27/14, 8:55 AM, Tim wrote:

Pardon me. Allow me to repeat myself-

"Doesn't make me wonder much about some peoples misconceived (pardon the pun) ideas..."

I got it the first time. Interesting how belief and reality take

divergent paths, eh?

Could be, but art work is never reality.

Oh, I've seen "artwork" that so closely duplicates reality, anyone would

be hard-pressed to tell the difference. But, then, that's not really

what we mean here, right?

Please don't take my comments about "faith" personally. I respect your

right to your religious beliefs and as I have mentioned more than once,

I am not an atheist...I am agnostic.

Then you should respect a self-proclaimed atheist like Penn Jiletts views as well.....

http://www.youtube.com/http://www.yo...?v=Ol8_cdn-N_k

On 3/2/14, 1:06 AM, Tim wrote:
On Thursday, February 27, 2014 11:19:41 AM UTC-6, F*O*A*D wrote:

When some religious right-winger or exclusionary right-winger steps on

my brothers and sisters, he steps on me.

"Steps on you???" Harry, you trample people right and left.

Really? What laws have I passed to restrict the rights of women, gays,
blacks, et cetera? Answer? None.

"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the

manor of thy friend's or of thine own we any man's death diminishes

me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know

for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

It's part of a very religious piece but apparently is easily ignored by

"the religious."

looks more political than religious.

The author was a very religious man.

On 2/26/2014 1:13 PM, Tim wrote:

Bottom line is... Without 'faith' there is no 'hope' -

I have faith in a Creator, His Son, and the hope of a

life everlasting when my body 's been given to be worm food.

Why does 'life' have to be infinite to have meaning?

Not to all evidently, but for some of us, it does...

Where is the evidence of infinite life?

On 2/26/2014 1:13 PM, Tim wrote:

Bottom line is... Without 'faith' there is no 'hope' -

I have faith in a Creator, His Son, and the hope of a

life everlasting when my body 's been given to be worm food.

Why does 'life' have to be infinite to have meaning?

Not to all evidently, but for some of us, it does...

Where is the evidence of infinite life?

This is your lucky day. Many churches are open today. Any one of them
can help with the spiritual awakening you seek.

On 2/26/2014 1:13 PM, Tim wrote:

Bottom line is... Without 'faith' there is no 'hope' -

I have faith in a Creator, His Son, and the hope of a

life everlasting when my body 's been given to be worm food.

Why does 'life' have to be infinite to have meaning?

Not to all evidently, but for some of us, it does...

That is what I never understood.

Have you fully considered the concept of eternity? I would become
agonizingly bored after having the same thoughts and experiences for the
10^999th time. At some point it becomes torture no matter how many
distant relatives I'm surrounded by. (perhaps hastened by some of them)

Everlasting life seems designed to appeal to a child-like fear of death.

I was fine not existing before birth and will be fine not existing after
death except in others memories. It's satisfying just trying to make
this life meaningful.

Al saves the planet--again! Gordon Cruising 0 April 30th 10 03:25 PM
Gun saves another day jps General 146 August 2nd 09 12:12 PM
OT McCain saves the nation! Capt. JG ASA 1 September 29th 08 02:20 AM
Pollution saves Jap Joe ASA 14 October 8th 07 04:19 AM
17'er saves a guy that lost his 25' er Scott McFadden General 4 September 20th 03 04:03 PM