Default Jesus Saves!

On Sun, 02 Mar 2014 12:43:07 -0800, thumper wrote:

On 3/1/2014 10:07 PM, Tim wrote:
On Thursday, February 27, 2014 10:08:55 AM UTC-6, thumper wrote:
On 2/26/2014 1:13 PM, Tim wrote:

Bottom line is... Without 'faith' there is no 'hope' -

I have faith in a Creator, His Son, and the hope of a

life everlasting when my body 's been given to be worm food.

Why does 'life' have to be infinite to have meaning?

Not to all evidently, but for some of us, it does...

That is what I never understood.

Some things are not 'understandable'. They are accepted on faith. Like your belief in the 'Big Bang
Theory'.

Have you fully considered the concept of eternity? I would become
agonizingly bored after having the same thoughts and experiences for the
10^999th time. At some point it becomes torture no matter how many
distant relatives I'm surrounded by. (perhaps hastened by some of them)

Everlasting life seems designed to appeal to a child-like fear of death.

I was fine not existing before birth and will be fine not existing after
death except in others memories. It's satisfying just trying to make
this life meaningful.

Glad you're fine and satisfied. Go in peace and love to serve yourself.

On 2/26/2014 1:13 PM, Tim wrote:

[...]

As if you were serving anyone but yourself.

--
All that is left in the contemporary
Republican-Conservative-Christian-Tea Party is a majority of hate-filled

On 2/26/2014 1:13 PM, Tim wrote:

Bottom line is... Without 'faith' there is no 'hope' -

I have faith in a Creator, His Son, and the hope of a

life everlasting when my body 's been given to be worm food.

Why does 'life' have to be infinite to have meaning?

Not to all evidently, but for some of us, it does...

That is what I never understood.

Some things are not 'understandable'. They are accepted on faith. Like your belief in the 'Big Bang
Theory'.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true." - M. Twain

This is evidence.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_microwave_background

Have you fully considered the concept of eternity? I would become
agonizingly bored after having the same thoughts and experiences for the
10^999th time. At some point it becomes torture no matter how many
distant relatives I'm surrounded by. (perhaps hastened by some of them)

Everlasting life seems designed to appeal to a child-like fear of death.

I was fine not existing before birth and will be fine not existing after
death except in others memories. It's satisfying just trying to make
this life meaningful.

Glad you're fine and satisfied. Go in peace and love to serve yourself.

You can't resist being snide...

On 2/26/2014 1:13 PM, Tim wrote:

[...]

You reap what you sow.

On 2/26/2014 1:13 PM, Tim wrote:

Bottom line is... Without 'faith' there is no 'hope' -

I have faith in a Creator, His Son, and the hope of a

life everlasting when my body 's been given to be worm food.

Why does 'life' have to be infinite to have meaning?

Not to all evidently, but for some of us, it does...

That is what I never understood.

Have you fully considered the concept of eternity? I would become
agonizingly bored after having the same thoughts and experiences for the
10^999th time. At some point it becomes torture no matter how many
distant relatives I'm surrounded by. (perhaps hastened by some of them)

Everlasting life seems designed to appeal to a child-like fear of death.

I was fine not existing before birth and will be fine not existing after
death except in others memories. It's satisfying just trying to make this life meaningful.

Imagine an eternity in heaven filled with right wing Christian
fundamentalists. Less fun than a holiday in Afghanistan.

On 2/24/2014 5:20 PM, Tim wrote:
Harry, a cut and paste just for you...

DAYTON, OH (CBS/WHIO) -- A Dayton RTA bus driver was involved in a shooting this morning and police say some sort of "intervention" may have saved his life.

A New Testament bible in the front pocket of the RTA bus driver's shirt pocket took two bullets that suspects had aimed at the victim's chest.

The bullets did not penetrate into the victim's chest, police said.

Wouldn't "The Cat in the Hat" have done the same thing?
Dr. Seuss saves.
Mikek

“You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes. You can
steer yourself any direction you choose.”
Dr. Seuss

On 3/2/2014 3:40 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Sun, 02 Mar 2014 14:53:01 -0800, thumper wrote:
On 3/2/2014 12:50 PM, Poco Loco wrote:

Glad you're fine and satisfied. Go in peace and love to serve yourself.

You can't resist being snide...

You reap what you sow.

At least you admit it for once.

On Sun, 02 Mar 2014 17:54:10 -0800, thumper wrote:

On 3/2/2014 3:40 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Sun, 02 Mar 2014 14:53:01 -0800, thumper wrote:
On 3/2/2014 12:50 PM, Poco Loco wrote:

Glad you're fine and satisfied. Go in peace and love to serve yourself.

You can't resist being snide...

You reap what you sow.

At least you admit it for once.

I've not, to my knowledge, ever denied that I've made a snide comment here or there. Most are not.
It's really dependent on what I'm answering.

On 3/2/2014 9:29 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Sun, 02 Mar 2014 17:54:10 -0800, thumper wrote:

On 3/2/2014 3:40 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Sun, 02 Mar 2014 14:53:01 -0800, thumper wrote:
On 3/2/2014 12:50 PM, Poco Loco wrote:

Glad you're fine and satisfied. Go in peace and love to serve yourself.

You can't resist being snide...

You reap what you sow.

At least you admit it for once.

I've not, to my knowledge, ever denied that I've made a snide comment here or there. Most are not.
It's really dependent on what I'm answering.

Thumples seems a bit sensitive.

Al saves the planet--again! Gordon Cruising 0 April 30th 10 03:25 PM
Gun saves another day jps General 146 August 2nd 09 12:12 PM
OT McCain saves the nation! Capt. JG ASA 1 September 29th 08 02:20 AM
Pollution saves Jap Joe ASA 14 October 8th 07 04:19 AM
17'er saves a guy that lost his 25' er Scott McFadden General 4 September 20th 03 04:03 PM