Default Jesus Saves!

On Tue, 25 Feb 2014 07:53:17 -0500, F*O*A*D wrote:

On 2/25/14, 7:24 AM, Tim wrote:
On Tuesday, February 25, 2014 5:18:33 AM UTC-6, F*O*A*D wrote:

Neither Jesus nor Moses had anything to do with the writing of the new

testament. What's "in" the new testament was decided upon by committee

hundreds of years after Jesus died.

Eh, That's ok Harry. You wouldn't understand it anyhow. Why? Because you don't want to understand it anyhow.

If you are referring to the history of the new testament, I do
understand how it came about and how various elements were assembled by,
of all things, a committee commissioned by the government. My statement
stands...neither Moses nor Jesus had a thing to do with the writing of
the new testament.

Just as Stonewall Jackson had nothing to do with the writing of the history of the Civil War.

On 2/25/14, 7:24 AM, Tim wrote:
On Tuesday, February 25, 2014 5:18:33 AM UTC-6, F*O*A*D wrote:

Neither Jesus nor Moses had anything to do with the writing of the new

testament. What's "in" the new testament was decided upon by committee

hundreds of years after Jesus died.

Eh, That's ok Harry. You wouldn't understand it anyhow. Why? Because you don't want to understand it anyhow.

If you are referring to the history of the new testament, I do
understand how it came about and how various elements were assembled by,
of all things, a committee commissioned by the government. My statement
stands...neither Moses nor Jesus had a thing to do with the writing of
the new testament.

Just as Stonewall Jackson had nothing to do with the writing of the history of the Civil War.

Ahh, but Stonewall Jackson was a real historical figure whose exploits
were described pretty much accurately contemporaneously to his life,
and, though he was a brilliant military leader, what he did did not
involve superstition, extra-natural events, speaking with spirits, and
all the other really weird stuff connected with religion. You know...10
plagues, parting the waters of the Red Sea, burning bushes, tablets
chiseled by the hand of god, bringing the dead back to life, walking on
water.

And of course there were plenty of highly educated people who got to
witness and write first-hand accounts of Jackson's deeds. While there is
plenty of folklore connected with Jackson, there is plenty of accurate
description, too, and there is no doubt he was a real person.

Moses and Jesus? I suppose one can take all of that on faith. There's
nothing else though which to prove any of their "big stuff."

On 2/25/14, 7:24 AM, Tim wrote:
On Tuesday, February 25, 2014 5:18:33 AM UTC-6, F*O*A*D wrote:

Neither Jesus nor Moses had anything to do with the writing of the new

testament. What's "in" the new testament was decided upon by committee

hundreds of years after Jesus died.

Eh, That's ok Harry. You wouldn't understand it anyhow. Why? Because you don't want to understand it anyhow.

If you are referring to the history of the new testament, I do
understand how it came about and how various elements were assembled by,
of all things, a committee commissioned by the government. My statement
stands...neither Moses nor Jesus had a thing to do with the writing of
the new testament.

Just as Stonewall Jackson had nothing to do with the writing of the history of the Civil War.

Harry's confusion is testament to the complexity and ambiguity of the
English language. English is a difficult language and it appears that
Harry hasn't quite mastered it yet. Maybe he'll have better luck with
Spanish.

On 2/25/14, 7:24 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Well, at least you're back off the 'Jesus didn't write the New Testament' bull****. I can better
understand your complaints made last week about gas mileage. You're constantly changing directions
and shifting lanes. It's no damn wonder you get ****ty gas mileage. I suppose it's the liberal artsy
education.

On 2/25/14, 7:24 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

And once again you are demonstrating your inability to read for
comprehension. Why would I complain about the gas mileage on a loaner
car that I was only to be driving a couple of days. I did report on the
MPG's I was getting.

Oh, and Jesus didn't write the new testament or in fact anything else,
eh. Amazing that someone who allegedly was the son of the creator didn't
live one tangible thing behind, not even a scroll.

On 2/25/2014 10:45 AM, F*O*A*D wrote:
Oh, and Jesus didn't write the new testament or in fact anything else,
eh. Amazing that someone who allegedly was the son of the creator didn't
live one tangible thing behind, not even a scroll.

In those days there was no Kansas Clown Collige to spawn great writers. ;-)

On 2/25/14, 7:24 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Once again you miss the entire point.

Jesus most likely didn't have the liberal artsy education you had. Being the son of poor folks, he
probably didn't get into Yale.

Doesn't the theophobic **** get old? Here, think about something pertinent for a change:

"Democrats Have 'Culture of Corruption' They Once Blamed GOP for:

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/dms-culture-corruption-gop/2013/07/25/id/517037

On 2/25/14, 7:24 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

And once again you reveal your lack of liberal arts knowledge. Yes,
knowledge of religion falls under the liberal arts.

1. If Jesus were indeed the son of god, why would he need to receive a
formal education to know how to read and write? Would god create an
illiterate son?

2. Here's an easier one just for you. Jesus supposedly was an itinerant
teacher of the Torah and if he were, he was taught his knowledge of
Torah, the total knowledge base of things Jewish up until his time. This
would require the ability to read and write. You can hardly be a teacher
of the Torah without that ability. So, if Jesus was a teacher of the
Torah, what excuse can you offer up for his failing to leave behind even
a scrap of a scroll in his own words and writing?

On 2/25/14, 7:24 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Your parents did.

2. Here's an easier one just for you. Jesus supposedly was an itinerant
teacher of the Torah and if he were, he was taught his knowledge of
Torah, the total knowledge base of things Jewish up until his time. This
would require the ability to read and write. You can hardly be a teacher
of the Torah without that ability. So, if Jesus was a teacher of the
Torah, what excuse can you offer up for his failing to leave behind even
a scrap of a scroll in his own words and writing?

'Just for me'? Are you writing 'just for me', or with the hopes that others will read your comments
and think, "Oh what a witty person that FOAD is!"

And my goodness, do you really believe that the ability to teach is dependent upon an ability to
read and write? That would imply you knew nothing until you learned to read, and you passed on no
knowledge until you learned to write.

Banned

On Tuesday, February 25, 2014 7:24:38 AM UTC-5, Tim wrote:
On Tuesday, February 25, 2014 5:18:33 AM UTC-6, F*O*A*D wrote:

Neither Jesus nor Moses had anything to do with the writing of the new

testament. What's "in" the new testament was decided upon by committee

hundreds of years after Jesus died.

Eh, That's ok Harry. You wouldn't understand it anyhow. Why? Because you don't want to understand it anyhow.

TOUCHE'

Al saves the planet--again! Gordon Cruising 0 April 30th 10 03:25 PM
Gun saves another day jps General 146 August 2nd 09 12:12 PM
OT McCain saves the nation! Capt. JG ASA 1 September 29th 08 02:20 AM
Pollution saves Jap Joe ASA 14 October 8th 07 04:19 AM
17'er saves a guy that lost his 25' er Scott McFadden General 4 September 20th 03 04:03 PM