Poco Loco Poco Loco is offline

Default Jesus Saves!

On Tue, 25 Feb 2014 10:08:48 -0500, F*O*A*D wrote:

On 2/25/14, 9:58 AM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Tue, 25 Feb 2014 07:53:17 -0500, F*O*A*D wrote:

On 2/25/14, 7:24 AM, Tim wrote:
On Tuesday, February 25, 2014 5:18:33 AM UTC-6, F*O*A*D wrote:

Neither Jesus nor Moses had anything to do with the writing of the new

testament. What's "in" the new testament was decided upon by committee

hundreds of years after Jesus died.

Eh, That's ok Harry. You wouldn't understand it anyhow. Why? Because you don't want to understand it anyhow.

If you are referring to the history of the new testament, I do
understand how it came about and how various elements were assembled by,
of all things, a committee commissioned by the government. My statement
stands...neither Moses nor Jesus had a thing to do with the writing of
the new testament.

Just as Stonewall Jackson had nothing to do with the writing of the history of the Civil War.

Ahh, but Stonewall Jackson was a real historical figure whose exploits
were described pretty much accurately contemporaneously to his life,
and, though he was a brilliant military leader, what he did did not
involve superstition, extra-natural events, speaking with spirits, and
all the other really weird stuff connected with religion. You know...10
plagues, parting the waters of the Red Sea, burning bushes, tablets
chiseled by the hand of god, bringing the dead back to life, walking on
water.

And of course there were plenty of highly educated people who got to
witness and write first-hand accounts of Jackson's deeds. While there is
plenty of folklore connected with Jackson, there is plenty of accurate
description, too, and there is no doubt he was a real person.

Moses and Jesus? I suppose one can take all of that on faith. There's
nothing else though which to prove any of their "big stuff."

Well, at least you're back off the 'Jesus didn't write the New Testament' bull****. I can better
understand your complaints made last week about gas mileage. You're constantly changing directions
and shifting lanes. It's no damn wonder you get ****ty gas mileage. I suppose it's the liberal artsy
education.