Default Jesus Saves!

On 2/25/2014 2:12 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Why do humanitarian programs exist? Are we so perfect as humans that
we naturally come to the aid of people in need? I don't think so.
That's too god-like.

We have been influenced and taught that. By nature it's survival of the
fittest. What has influenced us to think otherwise?

'Survival of the fittest' is too simplistic unless it is recognized that
being the fittest encompasses altruism.

http://marciamalory.scienceblog.com/...8/on-altruism/

On Thu, 27 Feb 2014 08:08:55 -0800, thumper wrote:

On 2/26/2014 1:13 PM, Tim wrote:

Bottom line is... Without 'faith' there is no 'hope' -
I have faith in a Creator, His Son, and the hope of a
life everlasting when my body 's been given to be worm food.

Why does 'life' have to be infinite to have meaning?

Who said that?

On 2/27/2014 11:31 AM, F*O*A*D wrote:
On 2/27/14, 10:35 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

On Thu, 27 Feb 2014 09:45:29 -0500, F*O*A*D wrote:

On 2/27/14, 9:39 AM, Tim wrote:
On Thursday, February 27, 2014 7:57:26 AM UTC-6, F*O*A*D wrote:
On 2/27/14, 8:55 AM, Tim wrote:

Pardon me. Allow me to repeat myself-

"Doesn't make me wonder much about some peoples misconceived
(pardon the pun) ideas..."

I got it the first time. Interesting how belief and reality take

divergent paths, eh?

Could be, but art work is never reality.

Oh, I've seen "artwork" that so closely duplicates reality, anyone
would
be hard-pressed to tell the difference. But, then, that's not really
what we mean here, right?

Please don't take my comments about "faith" personally. I respect your
right to your religious beliefs and as I have mentioned more than once,
I am not an atheist...I am agnostic.

I think your agnosticism often spills over into politics more than the
ones with faith who you complain about does.

Really? You don't see me trying to pass laws that restrict gays.

No, I wouldn't expect you to. However, you are far more vocal (at least
in this newsgroup) in your views on this and other issues that you tie
to religion than any of the so-called "right-wingers" who post here and
to whom you object to so much.

When you complain about having religion "forced down your throat" I
don't think it's your throat you are referring to.

On 2/27/14, 8:55 AM, Tim wrote:

[...]

When some religious right-winger or exclusionary right-winger steps on
my brothers and sisters, he steps on me. I'm not like Tim, who
apparently thinks denial of civil liberties is of no concern to him
because the ones under discussion are not taking place in his state,
county, town, or rural delivery route.

"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the
manor of thy friend's or of thine own we any man's death diminishes
me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know
for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

It's part of a very religious piece but apparently is easily ignored by
"the religious."

On 2/27/14, 8:55 AM, Tim wrote:

[...]

Your first sentence says it all. It means you are no different in your
attitude and approach to social issues than the right wing religious
zealots are in theirs.

That's not necessarily a bad thing and certainly not an insult. It just
means that in the promotion of your views you are no different than
anyone with opposing views, regardless of their origins.

On 2/27/14, 8:55 AM, Tim wrote:

[...]

The difference is, I am not trying to restrict the rights of others. I
want to make sure everyone has the same rights. The righties want to
restrict acceptance, marriage, voting rights, and more.

On 2/27/14, 8:55 AM, Tim wrote:

Pardon me. Allow me to repeat myself-

"Doesn't make me wonder much about some peoples misconceived (pardon the pun) ideas..."

I got it the first time. Interesting how belief and reality take

divergent paths, eh?

Could be, but art work is never reality.

Oh, I've seen "artwork" that so closely duplicates reality, anyone would
be hard-pressed to tell the difference. But, then, that's not really
what we mean here, right?

Please don't take my comments about "faith" personally. I respect your
right to your religious beliefs and as I have mentioned more than once,
I am not an atheist...I am agnostic.

...and, Tim, he is an agnostic with integrity.

Are you absolutely sure that is what you meant to say?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrity

On 2/27/14, 8:55 AM, Tim wrote:

Pardon me. Allow me to repeat myself-

"Doesn't make me wonder much about some peoples misconceived
(pardon the pun) ideas..."

I got it the first time. Interesting how belief and reality take

divergent paths, eh?

Could be, but art work is never reality.

Oh, I've seen "artwork" that so closely duplicates reality, anyone
would
be hard-pressed to tell the difference. But, then, that's not really
what we mean here, right?

Please don't take my comments about "faith" personally. I respect your
right to your religious beliefs and as I have mentioned more than once,
I am not an atheist...I am agnostic.

I think your agnosticism often spills over into politics more than the
ones with faith who you complain about does.

Really? You don't see me trying to pass laws that restrict gays.

You couldn't if you wanted to. To my knowledge, you've never held public
office of any sort. You're just an opinionated gas bag.
KC KC is offline

On 2/27/14, 8:55 AM, Tim wrote:

[...]

He would work to pass laws that hurt gays... as well as straights, men,
women, children, Americans in general, so again, he is lying...

On 2/27/14, 8:55 AM, Tim wrote:

Pardon me. Allow me to repeat myself-

"Doesn't make me wonder much about some peoples misconceived (pardon the pun) ideas..."

I got it the first time. Interesting how belief and reality take

divergent paths, eh?

Could be, but art work is never reality.

Oh, I've seen "artwork" that so closely duplicates reality, anyone would
be hard-pressed to tell the difference. But, then, that's not really
what we mean here, right?

Please don't take my comments about "faith" personally. I respect your
right to your religious beliefs and as I have mentioned more than once,
I am not an atheist...I am agnostic.

...and, Tim, he is an agnostic with integrity.

Are you absolutely sure that is what you meant to say?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrity

Yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

Al saves the planet--again! Gordon Cruising 0 April 30th 10 03:25 PM
Gun saves another day jps General 146 August 2nd 09 12:12 PM
OT McCain saves the nation! Capt. JG ASA 1 September 29th 08 02:20 AM
Pollution saves Jap Joe ASA 14 October 8th 07 04:19 AM
17'er saves a guy that lost his 25' er Scott McFadden General 4 September 20th 03 04:03 PM