Default ah, yes, the latest on my company 401K

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 22:18:25 -0600, Canuck57
wrote:

On 18/07/2010 9:02 PM, bpuharic wrote:
On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 19:50:30 -0600,
wrote:

IOW he thinks 100M middle class americans are lazy.

yep. he's right wing alright

I would say lethargic, but lazy will do. Many like you waste time and
energy blaming Bush when you should be learning how to manage your own
money.

now the right wng blames 100M americans...not the rich folks on wall
street...in spite of the fact it was wall street NOT main street that
sucked 14 trillion out of the economy in the last 2 years

Sooner or later you will realize Bush and Obama are just chess pieces on
the board game called life. All you have to do is figure out how the
game is going and profit.

gee. buy low. sell high. what a genius

Too many people also drunk on debt. Including government.

the reason middle class american is drunk on debt is we havent had a
pay increase in 10 years. middle class wages havent increased in 10
years as the rich took ALL of the productivity increase in the last 10
years for themselves and gave NONE of it in pay increases.

that's why the middle class isnt spending you mmoron

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 22:39:26 -0600, Canuck57
wrote:

On 18/07/2010 9:01 PM, bpuharic wrote:
On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 14:49:51 -0600,
wrote:

wall street just keeps giving it to the american people...and taking
it...

Still think you shoudl fire your manager. I am up 4%. I know, pretty
bad compared to last year as I was up almost 30%. Lean times.

no one gives a **** about you.

My family does. But outside of that you are 100% RIGHT! And I realize
that. Same can be said of you, provided you treat your family right.
No one cares about other people, sure, lots like to think so and once
and awhile you really do find one that is a nice human being. But I
know you haven't matured enough to that level.

fine. you let me know when you become 100M hard working americans

you think americans are all lazy. you're just another right winger who
hates a black president

there are 100,000,000 americans who arent you

get used to it

Aren't you what? Cat got your tongue?

Oh, you mean 100m taxpayers... that are not me. Yep, 100m individuals,
all like rats a scratching for the cheese. Amazing actually how it works.

more hatred for hard working america

Keep running on the wheel, around and around it goes. No raise in 10
years and down 10% in the last year...wow...you should re-evaluate your
attitude and tactics.

already done. you just cant help it that it includes distrust of the
rich

to you the rich are infallible gods. you have more faith in the rich
than a child has in santa claus

it's quite touching...and pathetic

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 23:01:16 -0600, Canuck57
wrote:

On 18/07/2010 9:03 PM, bpuharic wrote:
On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 20:24:45 -0600,
wrote:

gee. let's see... i work for a living. it's known as opportunity cost.
you dont know about economics, but look it up

So do I and? Is it lethargy or what? Maske the freaking time! It is
all about priorities.

IOW give up working for a lving. me and 100M americans all becoming
stockbrokers

uh huh

Look at 7 Habits and time management. And plenty
of evening courses for accounting, you don't need a degree, just enough
to read a profit and loss statement, balance sheet and a few others.

more right wing bull****

The market lost the trillions as the ecomomic outlook of debt,
government overspending,

funny. bush took a budget surplus and ****ed it away on a useless war

but he's white and rich. obama's black so that's where your hatred
goes

Classic...

And if your broker or fund manager isn't into this, fire the idiots.

more right wing bull****

not a single 401K manager has beat the market in the last 3 years.

Under Obama, history will repeat as Obama didn't take much "American"
history and thus doomed to repeat.

only if they take your advice. then a depression is guaranteed.

"Canuck57" wrote in message
On 18/07/2010 9:42 PM, nom=de=plume wrote:

"Canuck57" wrote in message
On 18/07/2010 7:31 PM, nom=de=plume wrote:

"Harry " wrote in message
On 7/18/10 5:55 PM, nom=de=plume wrote:

"Canuck57" wrote in message
On 18/07/2010 10:37 AM, bpuharic wrote:
Hell, it's only down 10% for the year! A wonderful success story.
just think, if GWB had his way, social security could have the same
success my 401K is having.

--

Government has liberals, idealists and lawyers, but where is the
common sense?

Dumb investor is what Occam's razor would say.

Canuck's investment portfolio is up 4%, or 40 cents...Canadian.

Hey, he's RICH beyond his wildest dreams!!

Sort of, it was a good week last week, $35k++. But admit, last week
was good. Capital gains too, sweet. And you? Pretty bad when my
accountant called me up and asked me why do I work... and you are
still looking for work.

You're a congenital liar. You haven't made $35K in your entire life. You
don't have an accountant, unless you count your right hand when it isn't
busy with other things.

You wish. Keep voting Obama, as it helps keep those democrats screwing up
the economy for my profit.

Look at this one, wouldn't it have been sweet to be in at say 75 cents to
$1.25? see the little jump at the end?

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=U...=0;logscale=on

But too late for this one. But a lovely ride. See October/November low,
that was when Obama looked like he was going to win and did... sweet. So
did I. And only one of many... Oh-bama!!!

Best part about being a get off your ass as a
conservative-libertarian, is I didn't spend 30+ years waiting for
government to cover my ass. And now get the rewards while people like
you are suffering from envy and greed myopia.

Since reasoning with you is a waste of time, I laugh at you.

You wouldn't know "reasoning" if it bit you. Feel free to laugh, but try
not to mix it with tears.

Haven't got a job yet?

--

Government has liberals, idealists and lawyers, but where is the common
sense?

Haven't got a brain yet? Don't worry. It won't happen.

"bpuharic" wrote in message

snip

not a single 401K manager has beat the market in the last 3 years.

snip

First of all, YOU and all participants are the managers of of 401K plans
within what is offered by your company.

Go to the link below and plug in "Up more than 0%" for the 3 year return
option of the screener. The other entries remain in the default setting.

http://screen.yahoo.com/funds.html

You will see that there are many funds that have a positive return over the
past three years. I'm sure some of these funds are available to some 401K
plans, maybe not yours. So a smart 401K "manager" would have had an
increase. And that doesn't count the companies contribution.

wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 23:03:13 -0400, bpuharic wrote:

uh huh. if that's the case what happened to the 14 trillion wall
street lost in equity over the last 3 years?

A good percentage of it never existed in the first place. It was just
paper that was traded like it had some kind of value (Derivatives and
such).
A good chunk has been made back The dow is over 10 again.
If we could actually create some real jobs it would do better.

The money that was made 2 years ago was made shorting the market.
Since then there are quite a few stocks that have appreciated and if
you trade stocks there was a quick $50 to be made on a share of Google
in the last few weeks. I watched it but I didn't trade on it.

Ah, stock trading, the pass time of the wicked.

On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 03:08:07 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

"bpuharic" wrote in message
.. .

snip

not a single 401K manager has beat the market in the last 3 years.

snip

First of all, YOU and all participants are the managers of of 401K plans
within what is offered by your company.

irreleevant. show me a 401K funds manager that's beating the market
with a positive rate of return over the last 2 years...

Go to the link below and plug in "Up more than 0%" for the 3 year return
option of the screener. The other entries remain in the default setting.

http://screen.yahoo.com/funds.html

and here is where you're confused. 401K's are managed by fund
managers...the funds they manage CAN do pretty well on an individual
basis. yet, unless you're a full time manager yourself, you have NO
idea which ones these are going to be.

"bpuharic" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 03:08:07 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

"bpuharic" wrote in message
. ..

snip

not a single 401K manager has beat the market in the last 3 years.

snip

First of all, YOU and all participants are the managers of of 401K plans
within what is offered by your company.

irreleevant. show me a 401K funds manager that's beating the market
with a positive rate of return over the last 2 years...

Go to the link below and plug in "Up more than 0%" for the 3 year return
option of the screener. The other entries remain in the default setting.

http://screen.yahoo.com/funds.html

and here is where you're confused. 401K's are managed by fund
managers...the funds they manage CAN do pretty well on an individual
basis. yet, unless you're a full time manager yourself, you have NO
idea which ones these are going to be.

I'm not confused. When I was working the 401K I had options to invest in.
There was a group of mutual funds, some government obligations and a
GUARANTEED interest option. If you, THE MANAGER, selected the guaranteed
interest option you would not have lost a penny in the last three years. Or
"I" could select a single mutual fund for my money.

If you work for a company that makes these choices for you, maybe it's time
for a new job with more liberal selection policies.

YOU are the MANAGER within the selections offered by your employer.

Obama and the SEIU want to nationalize your 401K Frogwatch[_2_] General 20 March 27th 10 04:51 PM
( OT) Known by the company you keep Jim, General 24 April 27th 05 05:30 PM
Known by the company you keep Jack Goff General 14 April 23rd 05 07:10 PM
3 company 2 [email protected] ASA 8 December 6th 04 11:00 PM
looking for company Js9073 General 11 December 28th 03 11:47 PM