BoatBanter.com

-   -   ah, yes, the latest on my company 401K (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/116600-ah-yes-latest-my-company-401k.html)

bpuharic July 18th 10 05:37 PM

ah, yes, the latest on my company 401K

Hell, it's only down 10% for the year! A wonderful success story.
just think, if GWB had his way, social security could have the same
success my 401K is having.

wall street just keeps giving it to the american people...and taking
it...

bpuharic July 18th 10 07:16 PM

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 13:49:21 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 12:37:59 -0400, bpuharic wrote:

Hell, it's only down 10% for the year! A wonderful success story.
just think, if GWB had his way, social security could have the same
success my 401K is having.

Your 401k is not 10 trillion in debt

it's certainly part of it. 14 trillion dollars in equity wiped out by
right wing greed

BTW if your fund manager has any brains at all he bought this market

blah blah blah. find me a 401K that's doing well, OK? which is it?
fidelity? shearson? magellan?

IOW you're just spouting bull****.

My meager little portfolio is making about 30% since 1q09,

fine. when you become 100M middle class americans, you be sure and let
me know, OK?

again...the question:

which 401K funds manager...magellan, shearson, chase, etc...is doing
better today than in 2006?

go ahead. take your time

Canuck57[_9_] July 18th 10 09:49 PM

On 18/07/2010 10:37 AM, bpuharic wrote:
Hell, it's only down 10% for the year! A wonderful success story.
just think, if GWB had his way, social security could have the same
success my 401K is having.

wall street just keeps giving it to the american people...and taking
it...

Still think you shoudl fire your manager. I am up 4%. I know, pretty
bad compared to last year as I was up almost 30%. Lean times.

--

Government has liberals, idealists and lawyers, but where is the common
sense?

Canuck57[_9_] July 18th 10 09:51 PM

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 12:37:59 -0400, wrote:

Hell, it's only down 10% for the year! A wonderful success story.
just think, if GWB had his way, social security could have the same
success my 401K is having.

Your 401k is not 10 trillion in debt

it's certainly part of it. 14 trillion dollars in equity wiped out by
right wing greed

BTW if your fund manager has any brains at all he bought this market

blah blah blah. find me a 401K that's doing well, OK? which is it?
fidelity? shearson? magellan?

IOW you're just spouting bull****.

My meager little portfolio is making about 30% since 1q09,

fine. when you become 100M middle class americans, you be sure and let
me know, OK?

again...the question:

which 401K funds manager...magellan, shearson, chase, etc...is doing
better today than in 2006?

go ahead. take your time

I guess you don't have the right mondset.

Money is attracted to those who know how to manage it.

nom=de=plume[_2_] July 18th 10 10:54 PM

"Canuck57" wrote in message
[...]

I knew you felt betrayed by the system. Now I know why.

nom=de=plume[_2_] July 18th 10 10:55 PM

"Canuck57" wrote in message
On 18/07/2010 10:37 AM, bpuharic wrote:
Hell, it's only down 10% for the year! A wonderful success story.
just think, if GWB had his way, social security could have the same
success my 401K is having.

wall street just keeps giving it to the american people...and taking
it...

Still think you shoudl fire your manager. I am up 4%. I know, pretty bad
compared to last year as I was up almost 30%. Lean times.

--

Government has liberals, idealists and lawyers, but where is the common
sense?

Dumb investor is what Occam's razor would say.

Harry  July 18th 10 11:00 PM

On 7/18/10 5:55 PM, nom=de=plume wrote:

"Canuck57" wrote in message
On 18/07/2010 10:37 AM, bpuharic wrote:
Hell, it's only down 10% for the year! A wonderful success story.
just think, if GWB had his way, social security could have the same
success my 401K is having.

wall street just keeps giving it to the american people...and taking
it...

Still think you shoudl fire your manager. I am up 4%. I know, pretty
bad compared to last year as I was up almost 30%. Lean times.

--

Government has liberals, idealists and lawyers, but where is the
common sense?

Dumb investor is what Occam's razor would say.

Canuck's investment portfolio is up 4%, or 40 cents...Canadian.

nom=de=plume[_2_] July 19th 10 02:31 AM

"Canuck57" wrote in message
On 18/07/2010 10:37 AM, bpuharic wrote:
Hell, it's only down 10% for the year! A wonderful success story.
just think, if GWB had his way, social security could have the same
success my 401K is having.

wall street just keeps giving it to the american people...and taking
it...

Still think you shoudl fire your manager. I am up 4%. I know, pretty
bad compared to last year as I was up almost 30%. Lean times.

--

Government has liberals, idealists and lawyers, but where is the
common sense?

Dumb investor is what Occam's razor would say.

Canuck's investment portfolio is up 4%, or 40 cents...Canadian.

Hey, he's RICH beyond his wildest dreams!!

Canuck57[_9_] July 19th 10 02:50 AM

"Canuck57" wrote in message
On 18/07/2010 10:37 AM, bpuharic wrote:
Hell, it's only down 10% for the year! A wonderful success story.
just think, if GWB had his way, social security could have the same
success my 401K is having.

wall street just keeps giving it to the american people...and taking
it...

Still think you shoudl fire your manager. I am up 4%. I know, pretty
bad compared to last year as I was up almost 30%. Lean times.

--

Government has liberals, idealists and lawyers, but where is the
common sense?

Dumb investor is what Occam's razor would say.

Canuck's investment portfolio is up 4%, or 40 cents...Canadian.

Hey, he's RICH beyond his wildest dreams!!

Sort of, it was a good week last week, $35k++. But admit, last week was
good. Capital gains too, sweet. And you? Pretty bad when my
accountant called me up and asked me why do I work... and you are still
looking for work.

Best part about being a get off your ass as a conservative-libertarian,
is I didn't spend 30+ years waiting for government to cover my ass. And
now get the rewards while people like you are suffering from envy and
greed myopia.

Since reasoning with you is a waste of time, I laugh at you.

Canuck57[_9_] July 19th 10 03:24 AM

ah, yes, the latest on my company 401K

On 18/07/2010 10:37 AM, bpuharic wrote:
Hell, it's only down 10% for the year! A wonderful success story.
just think, if GWB had his way, social security could have the same
success my 401K is having.

wall street just keeps giving it to the american people...and taking
it...

If you trust some 401K plan operator there is the mistake. Might I
suggest learning how to invest it yourself? Takes years to get
reasonably good at it but the payout 10 years down the road is quite good.