Default Gun saves another day

On 7/23/09 8:18 AM, Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 21:25:11 -0400, H the
wrote:

On 7/22/09 9:11 PM, Gene wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 17:08:54 -0700, wrote:

Oh for ****'s sake Gene, you're assuming whomever is weidling the
knife is an expert.

Flawed logic.

The guy in this case obviously meant to kill both women but left one
alive. Sound like a knife expert to you? Neither of the women were
armed from what I understand.

Any dweeb with two hands and an arse can put a bullet through
someone's skull at close range. What's the chance of survival?

And I suppose merely being in possession of a gun somehow imbues the
wielder with magical powers of perfect aim......

At 10 feet with a target the size of an adult human and some
considerable experience handling and shooting firearms?

You don't need perfect aim, just "decent" aim.

BBBAAAWWWAAAHHHHHAAAAAAA!!!!!

1 - I guarentee you don't have considerable experience with guns in
close quarter combat conditions. You have considerable experience
shooting targets although I doubt that also.

2 - I guarentee you, assuming that you could even get a shot off, that
it would be high and to the right passing harmlessly by your
assailant.

3 - I guarentee you, you would hesitate, freeze or your hands would
shake so much you'd be a danger to yourself or others - but not the
perp.

Decent aim - BBBAAWWWWAAAHHHHAAAA!!!!!

You are truly a piece or work.

Ahh...our washed-up marine knife-throwing ninja goes into moron
mode...again.

--
A wise Latina makes better decisions than a dumb elephant.

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 06:15:05 -0500, thunder
wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 22:07:39 -0700, Calif Bill wrote:

30 or so years ago I duck humted with the weapons officer of one of the
bay area police forces. He stated, the average police shootout is at
6', 9 shots are fired and no one is hit. Hard to aim when ducking for
cover.

NYPD did an analysis of police combat. Your weapons officer friend isn't
too far off the mark. I've also heard, can't swear to it's veracity, but
the average cop never pulls his gun in the line of duty.

http://www.virginiacops.org/Articles...ing/Combat.htm

True.

Add to that fact that when the combat reflexes kick in, even trained
individuals have a hard time controlling kick backs, sideways drift
and in right handers, the tendency to shoot high and to the right.
Oddly in left handers, it's not high and to the right, but low and to
the left.

But Harry is a special individual - a very accomlished target shooter
as I understand it. So maybe.

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 06:53:30 -0500, thunder
wrote:

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 07:37:45 -0400, H the K wrote:

http://www.virginiacops.org/Articles...ing/Combat.htm

My guess is that the police don't train sufficiently for close-in
shooting. I always "warm-up" at the range by first shooting at a target
7 to 10 feet away, then about 20 feet away, and then I run the target
out to 75 feet.

You also need to learn a good pistol pointing technique.

You might want to read down in the article where it states there is a
clear disconnect between range marksmanship, and combat hitsmanship. I
think Calif Bill is correct when he states "Hard to aim when ducking for
cover."

Don't argue with Harry - he's an expert on everything.

As for training, NYPD is second to none.

Er....Hello? Marine Corps? :)

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 08:23:42 -0400, Yogi of Woodstock wrote:

As for training, NYPD is second to none.

Er....Hello? Marine Corps? :)

Jarheads are trainable? ;-)

wrote:

On 7/22/09 9:11 PM, Gene wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 17:08:54 -0700, wrote:

Oh for ****'s sake Gene, you're assuming whomever is weidling the
knife is an expert.

Flawed logic.

The guy in this case obviously meant to kill both women but left one
alive. Sound like a knife expert to you? Neither of the women were
armed from what I understand.

Any dweeb with two hands and an arse can put a bullet through
someone's skull at close range. What's the chance of survival?

And I suppose merely being in possession of a gun somehow imbues the
wielder with magical powers of perfect aim......

At 10 feet with a target the size of an adult human and some
considerable experience handling and shooting firearms?

You don't need perfect aim, just "decent" aim.

I suppose you haven't seen those police dash camera pictures where
trained police officers fire lots of ammo without hitting anyone.
What you can do on the range may not translate to what you can do in
bad light, when you are not really prepared and under more than a
little stress.

You can also have the problem with a 9mm or .38 that even a decently
placed shot won't stop a motivated perpetrator before he can get to
you. There are lots of places on the body, even in the head with no
organs that a hole in will cause instant death. It is possible to end
up dead next to your dying attacker.

Just another case of Harry's superior abilities.

The man is truly amazing.

"A" decently placed shot?

"A"?

My mags hold 19 rounds. Why would I stop shooting while that
"knife-wielding ninja" were still standing?

wrote:

[...]

"Combat reflexes..." snerk

Most cops never fire their guns in combat. What combat reflexes?

I'm a decent shot on the range, that's all I claim to be with
handguns...a decent shot. Certainly not up to the standards of a
washed-up old fart who is still living in a marine uniform.

On 7/23/09 8:29 AM, thunder wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 08:23:42 -0400, Yogi of Woodstock wrote:

As for training, NYPD is second to none.

Er....Hello? Marine Corps? :)

Jarheads are trainable? ;-)

They do a hell of a job shining shoes. I have seen them march around the
barracks in DC. Their shoes are really, really shiny. Nice haircuts, too.

--
A wise Latina makes better decisions than a dumb elephant.

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 07:29:34 -0500, thunder
wrote:

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 08:23:42 -0400, Yogi of Woodstock wrote:

As for training, NYPD is second to none.

Er....Hello? Marine Corps? :)

Jarheads are trainable? ;-)

ROTFL!!!!!

Oh you will pay for that one my friend.

Thats two I owe you. :)

wrote:

[...]

And that is the exact point where the martial artist will take his
pistol and cram it up his fat ass.

But Harry is a special individual - a very accomlished target shooter
as I understand it. So maybe.

Uh, yeah.......

OT McCain saves the nation! Capt. JG ASA 1 September 29th 08 02:20 AM
Pollution saves Jap Joe ASA 14 October 8th 07 04:19 AM
News Story: Company Saves Classic Yachts Alex Boat Building 0 March 26th 07 06:46 PM
Good Samaritan Saves Clueless Boaters [email protected] General 1 June 10th 06 06:52 PM
17'er saves a guy that lost his 25' er Scott McFadden General 4 September 20th 03 04:03 PM