H the K H the K is offline

Default Gun saves another day

On 7/23/09 8:22 AM, Yogi of Woodstock wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 06:15:05 -0500,
wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 22:07:39 -0700, Calif Bill wrote:

30 or so years ago I duck humted with the weapons officer of one of the
bay area police forces. He stated, the average police shootout is at
6', 9 shots are fired and no one is hit. Hard to aim when ducking for
cover.

NYPD did an analysis of police combat. Your weapons officer friend isn't
too far off the mark. I've also heard, can't swear to it's veracity, but
the average cop never pulls his gun in the line of duty.

http://www.virginiacops.org/Articles...ing/Combat.htm

True.

Add to that fact that when the combat reflexes kick in, even trained
individuals have a hard time controlling kick backs, sideways drift
and in right handers, the tendency to shoot high and to the right.
Oddly in left handers, it's not high and to the right, but low and to
the left.

But Harry is a special individual - a very accomlished target shooter
as I understand it. So maybe.

"Combat reflexes..." snerk

Most cops never fire their guns in combat. What combat reflexes?

I'm a decent shot on the range, that's all I claim to be with
handguns...a decent shot. Certainly not up to the standards of a
washed-up old fart who is still living in a marine uniform.

--
A wise Latina makes better decisions than a dumb elephant.