Default Gun saves another day

Jack wrote:
On Jul 23, 11:07 am, H the K wrote:
On 7/23/09 10:59 AM, wrote:

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 06:26:51 -0400, H the
wrote:
On 7/22/09 11:05 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 22:17:24 -0400, H the
wrote:
Oh...I've taken Sig's Close Quarter Operator's Course.
... and nobody told you not to put your finger in the trigger guard
before you are going to shoot?
That has been in self defense and police tactical shooting courses for
decades. We were even starting to incorporate that into skeet shooting
etiquette when I was in Md. Call the bird, point the gun, acquire the
target, then put your finger in the hole and shoot, It is just a habit
you should get into.
This is best demonstrated in one of the most famous cop pictures in
the world.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Gonzoles.jpg
Heheh...you just keep on keepin' on. When you are in close quarters and
someone is coming at you with a knife, it's time to put your finger
inside the trigger guard and on the trigger so you can shoot. We're not
talking birds here.
What would *you* wait for before putting your finger on the trigger and
pulling it? Getting slashed or stabbed? Hey, you have to be careful
around washed-up old marines wielding knives.
It is all training. If that is what you were trained to do that time
is insignificant. It reduces the chances of accidental discharge to
almost zero. In a state like Maryland where any shooting, accidental
or not is likely to draw a charge, that is an important thing to
consider.
EVERY police agency of any consequence teaches this protocol and you
will be taught this in any credible gun handling course.
It actually does help you point the gun faster in low light situations
since you are just pointing your finger at the target.
I agree you have to practice this a lot to build the muscle memory but
it is worth doing.

Yeah, well, if someone is 10' away and moving in with a knife, I'm
already shooting. Any discharge will not be accidental.

Except for the wet spot in your pants.

~SNERK~

LOL!!! he certainly is afa..

On 7/23/09 2:42 PM, Just wait a frekin' minute! wrote:
Jack wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Ahhh...comments from a jackoff and a moron who gets tossed down the
stairs and a police station.

Short, fat and stupid, all rolled into one:

http://tinyurl.com/mrolrg

--
A wise Latina makes better decisions than a dumb elephant.

m...
Jack wrote:

wrote:
[...]

That freak guy is a pudgy little character.

"NotNow" wrote in message
Just Regigie wrote:
H the K wrote:
On 7/23/09 10:59 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 06:26:51 -0400, H the
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I'm well aware of the need to keep my finger off the trigger out of the
guard until I am about to shoot. Under the circumstances we've been
discussing, a knife attacker at close range moving in for the kill...I
am about to shoot. Am I supposed to wait until I feel his breath on my
eyelids?

You da man. For a liberal, you sure seem to be infatuated with shooting
someone. You should probably move to Texas.

Remember a few years ago? Harry used to go around saying that people used
guns as a substitute for a penis? Wonder what happened to Harry's?!

Different Harry Morph.

"Yogi of Woodstock" wrote in message
On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 06:53:30 -0500, thunder
wrote:

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 07:37:45 -0400, H the K wrote:

http://www.virginiacops.org/Articles...ing/Combat.htm

My guess is that the police don't train sufficiently for close-in
shooting. I always "warm-up" at the range by first shooting at a target
7 to 10 feet away, then about 20 feet away, and then I run the target
out to 75 feet.

You also need to learn a good pistol pointing technique.

You might want to read down in the article where it states there is a
clear disconnect between range marksmanship, and combat hitsmanship. I
think Calif Bill is correct when he states "Hard to aim when ducking for
cover."

Don't argue with Harry - he's an expert on everything.

As for training, NYPD is second to none.

Er....Hello? Marine Corps? :)

The only people who do not have to be as accurate as the Marines is the Air
Force. We drop a 500-2000# bomb and big hole.

H K H K is offline

m...
Jack wrote:

wrote:
[...]

He looks like a munchkin, actually, but chubbier:

http://strawberryfieldsforever.files...munchkins2.jpg

"Yogi of Woodstock" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 21:54:42 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 21:25:11 -0400, H the K
wrote:

On 7/22/09 9:11 PM, Gene wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 17:08:54 -0700, wrote:

Oh for ****'s sake Gene, you're assuming whomever is weidling the
knife is an expert.

Flawed logic.

The guy in this case obviously meant to kill both women but left one
alive. Sound like a knife expert to you? Neither of the women were
armed from what I understand.

Any dweeb with two hands and an arse can put a bullet through
someone's skull at close range. What's the chance of survival?

And I suppose merely being in possession of a gun somehow imbues the
wielder with magical powers of perfect aim......

At 10 feet with a target the size of an adult human and some
considerable experience handling and shooting firearms?

You don't need perfect aim, just "decent" aim.

I suppose you haven't seen those police dash camera pictures where
trained police officers fire lots of ammo without hitting anyone.
What you can do on the range may not translate to what you can do in
bad light, when you are not really prepared and under more than a
little stress.

You can also have the problem with a 9mm or .38 that even a decently
placed shot won't stop a motivated perpetrator before he can get to
you. There are lots of places on the body, even in the head with no
organs that a hole in will cause instant death. It is possible to end
up dead next to your dying attacker.

Just another case of Harry's superior abilities.

The man is truly amazing.

And if he had been in a combat role in SEA instead of a non combatant role,
he would have ended the war single handedly. There would not be a VC alive
today.

wrote:

On 7/22/09 9:11 PM, Gene wrote:
[...]

If I had been in charge, I would have gotten our troops out of there in
1964.

On 7/23/09 3:54 PM, Calif Bill wrote:
wrote in message
Just Regigie wrote:
H the K wrote:
On 7/23/09 10:59 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 06:26:51 -0400, H the
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I owe it all to rec.boats, and the right-wing psychotics who inhabit it.

While true in the abstract, somebody who uses a knife is more sure of
the results than a person handling a gun.

That is proven by the statistical fact that at a range of three feet, more
people are stabbed than wounded by gunfire. It is truly amazing that at
arm's length, a person can miss with a gun, but have better luck with a
knife.

Another thing that has not been stated: a knife is infinitely more
intimidating than a gun. If you can put some distance between you and the
perp, the dangers from either a knife or a gun drop exponentially. But up
close and personal in a fight where the two combatants are not ever
disengaged, a knife usually wins, exacts more damage, or leads to lethal
consequences.

Steve

OT McCain saves the nation! Capt. JG ASA 1 September 29th 08 02:20 AM
Pollution saves Jap Joe ASA 14 October 8th 07 04:19 AM
News Story: Company Saves Classic Yachts Alex Boat Building 0 March 26th 07 06:46 PM
Good Samaritan Saves Clueless Boaters [email protected] General 1 June 10th 06 06:52 PM
17'er saves a guy that lost his 25' er Scott McFadden General 4 September 20th 03 04:03 PM