Default Florida Boating [NOT}

On Thu, 21 May 2009 08:19:37 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."
wrote:

Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
On Thu, 21 May 2009 07:56:32 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."
wrote:

Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
On Thu, 21 May 2009 07:19:15 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."
wrote:

Not only have I lived on 3 continents. I have been boating and sailing
all over, including lakes smaller than Lanier, all the Great Lakes,
except for Superior, the Atlantic and the Caribbean.

Yes, but have you rounded the Horn in a 12 foot dinghy when your
Zimmerman lobster boat sank fighting 100 foot seas and 200 mph winds
arriving in New York to a fire boat welcome being towed by a pod of
Orcas that you personally trained after repelling pirates and fending
off a 27 foot Great White shark who mistook your boat for a seal?

Oh, did I forget to mention that?

Well yes - you did.

But I'll bet you never sailed to Hawaii on a inflatable kiddie pool
using a sail made of woven kelp leaves and hung on a telephone pole
you found floating half way after you got tired of battling a Pacific
typhoon and giant waves by way of Japan dressed only in a Speedo
feeding youself along the way using fine German screwdrivers bent into
hooks to catch giant Green Marlin and Blue Whales arriving to dancing
dolphins who sang in a language only you could understand while
rainbows flooded the sky with light as a beautiful Polynesian Princess
took your virginity at the age of 12 in celebration of your incredible
adventure.

Did I ever tell you about the time I was attacked by a Tostito?

Or was that a Dorito?

I am not sure, but it was one angry salty snack.

Lay's Classic potato chips - those things are dangerous.

They sneak up on you with mind control - you can't eat just one.

There's a poster here who is much too modest to admit this, but once
he built a boat out of stale Cheetos - sails, boat, masts, stays -
everything and sailed it to Antarctica to save a party of German
explorers who lost all their fine screwdrivers and BMW snowmobiles
all the time making observations of the natural behavior of penguins
which was made in a Oscar winning movie - "Penguins - Not in
Madagascar" while authoring a best selling auto-biography in his spare
time - "A Fireboat Welcomes Me".

Senior Member

--
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.

This Newsgroup post is a natural product. The slight variations in
spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in
no way are to be considered flaws or defects- Hide quoted text -

Thanks guys, this thread has made my morning... snerk...

Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq. wrote:
Don White wrote:
"Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq." wrote in
message ...
Wayne.B wrote:
Arguably one of the most beautiful bodies of water in the world:

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0utTAiadygIUkT4LIXeoYfKADAn2Dkz os

Well, I am so stupid, at first I thought that was a map of the west
coast of Florida, and I am going, well it looks like he is boating to
me.

--
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.

You'd better stick to small shallow lakes...where you can't get lost.

PS - While you have been fetching beers for your son, providing him free
rent and food, doing his laundry, paying his car note and auto
insurance, because he does not earn enough to do any of that himself, my
son graduated Cum Laude from Columbia University. He then moved to
Boston for a 9 months, earned enough money to spend 9 months traveling
SE Asia, India and Africa. While he was in Thailand, he applied for and
was accepted to a 6 year fellowship to teach and earn his Phd, at one of
the top schools in his field. My oldest daughter graduated Magna Cum
Laude from U of Mich. and she also DID NOT move back home. My youngest
is the closest we have to a "home body", and she goes to Emory, which is
about 10 miles from home, but she still lives on campus and does her own
laundry at school. I have taught my children to be self sufficient, and
helped provide them with the skills to move from adolescents to adulthood.

You on the other hand, had to work as a Civil Servant, in a job you felt
was underpaid, and overwork, and as you stated treated their employees
poorly. You stated you went years without a pay raise, because you were
to scared to leave Halifax. So you really do want to be careful about
talking about "small ponds" to anyone.

Agreed that it sucks to be Donny, but it could be worse. Think of what
it must be like to be Harry.

Wayne.B wrote:
[...]

Can you imagine anyone going on vacation, and spending all of their time
in the motel room posting to rec.boats? The only thing I can imagine is
that Harry's wife enjoys the fact that she gets to leave Harry in the
motel room, while she enjoys her vacation.

Heck, even when I am boating on my my tiny little lake (it only has 695
miles of shoreline) I don't bring a laptop with me. (I actually don't
own a laptop, but if I did, I wouldn't bring it to the lake).

The rain has been good to us, the lake is almost back to normal levels.
http://lanier.uslakes.info/Level.asp

--
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.

This Newsgroup post is a natural product. The slight variations in
spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in
no way are to be considered flaws or defects

messagenews:j8ydnXazMsgfConXnZ2dnUVZ_rGdnZ2d@gigan ews.com...
Wayne.B wrote:
[...]

Yep, the lake is in fine shape! And the fishing is fantastic!

RG RG is offline

Yep, the lake is in fine shape! And the fishing is fantastic!

Have you guys been invaded by quagga mussels yet? They've found their way
out west, and it's a real problem. Talk about illegal immigration. Sheesh.

Senior Member

On May 21, 10:52*am, "RG" wrote:
Yep, the lake is in fine shape! And the fishing is fantastic!

Have you guys been invaded by quagga mussels yet? *They've found their way
out west, and it's a real problem. *Talk about illegal immigration. *Sheesh.

They pretty much came from this side, like the Zebra's...

http://www.greatlakeswiki.org/index.php/Quagga_mussel

On May 21, 10:52*am, "RG" wrote:
Yep, the lake is in fine shape! And the fishing is fantastic!

Have you guys been invaded by quagga mussels yet? *They've found their way
out west, and it's a real problem. *Talk about illegal immigration. *Sheesh.

No, not yet! Hope never! It looks like they are as invasive as Zebra
mussels.
RG RG is offline

wrote in message
On May 21, 10:52 am, "RG" wrote:
Yep, the lake is in fine shape! And the fishing is fantastic!

Have you guys been invaded by quagga mussels yet? They've found their way
out west, and it's a real problem. Talk about illegal immigration. Sheesh.

No, not yet! Hope never! It looks like they are as invasive as Zebra
mussels.

They're headed your way. They're already in 'Bama and Tennessee.

On Thu, 21 May 2009 07:52:27 -0700, "RG" wrote:

Yep, the lake is in fine shape! And the fishing is fantastic!

Have you guys been invaded by quagga mussels yet? They've found their way
out west, and it's a real problem. Talk about illegal immigration. Sheesh.

I read about that the other day - they've been found in Lake Meade.

I don't know myself. The last time I was up on the St. Lawrence Seaway
(Alexandria, NY), I went fishing with a guide and was amazed at the
water clarity. I watched a pike follow a lure about twenty feet down
and had so much fun playing the lure and fish that I didn't even
bother trying to catch it. :)

Ping: Wayne B (or other SW Florida to Florida Keys veterans) NOYB General 2 February 5th 07 08:32 PM
Old boating hazard getting new attention in Florida [email protected] General 3 May 17th 06 01:00 PM
Life-saving barfight in Florida boating town basskisser General 1 February 10th 05 12:41 PM
Age limit for boating in Florida CFLav8r General 6 May 24th 04 07:44 PM
Powerboat Schools in South Florida? -- Has anyone used SW Florida Yachts? Richard Kaplan Cruising 2 February 17th 04 04:16 PM