CFLav8r

Default Age limit for boating in Florida

Does anyone in this group know the age limit for boating in Florida?
For above 10hp and below 10hp.

Thanks... David
Orlando, FL

Wayne.B

On Sat, 22 May 2004 21:28:38 GMT, "CFLav8r" wrote:

Does anyone in this group know the age limit for boating in Florida?
For above 10hp and below 10hp.

===================

http://www.floridagame.com/freshfish/agerules.asp
CFLav8r

"Wayne.B" wrote in message ...
On Sat, 22 May 2004 21:28:38 GMT, "CFLav8r" wrote:

Does anyone in this group know the age limit for boating in Florida?
For above 10hp and below 10hp.

===================

http://www.floridagame.com/freshfish/agerules.asp

Well that gives me an answer for 10hp and above.
But, does anyone know where I can find out how
young a boater in Florida can be if operating less than 10hp?

David
Orlando, FL

Ed

No Age limit in Florida except for PWC (14 if you own, 18 if you
rent).... If a 5 year old can pass the ONLINE safety test, then they can
get a license and drive a 40' 100 MPH scarab...(I'm scared...).

For under 10 HP, they don't even need the card...

This would not be problem if parents actually taught their kids how to
operate the vehicles and monitored their progress but as we all know...
most don't.

This blew me away so I called Broward County Sheriff and confirmed it...

http://www.floridaconservation.org/l.../boater_id.htm

http://www.boatsafe.com/Florida/

http://www.goboating.org/education_boater101.asp

CFLav8r wrote:
"Wayne.B" wrote in message ...

On Sat, 22 May 2004 21:28:38 GMT, "CFLav8r" wrote:

Does anyone in this group know the age limit for boating in Florida?
For above 10hp and below 10hp.

===================

http://www.floridagame.com/freshfish/agerules.asp

Well that gives me an answer for 10hp and above.
But, does anyone know where I can find out how
young a boater in Florida can be if operating less than 10hp?

David
Orlando, FL

Greg

This begs the question, what "photo ID" does the average 15 year old have?
There also doesn't seem to be any requirement for an adult to have any photo
ID. I wonder how they decide who gets the ticket?
On these things where the 2d and 3d offense get higher fines it would behoove
the operator to say he was pick a name, then pay the "first offense" fine
every time.
As long as the paperwork and money flowed I doubt it would ever cause a stir.
If the ticket was not paid I assume they come after the owner of the boat
number.

Rod McInnis

"Greg" wrote in message
This begs the question, what "photo ID" does the average 15 year old have?

School ID.

Rod

Steve Daniels, Seek of Spam

On Sun, 23 May 2004 12:11:58 GMT, something compelled "CFLav8r"
, to say:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message ...
On Sat, 22 May 2004 21:28:38 GMT, "CFLav8r" wrote:

Does anyone in this group know the age limit for boating in Florida?
For above 10hp and below 10hp.

===================

http://www.floridagame.com/freshfish/agerules.asp

Well that gives me an answer for 10hp and above.
But, does anyone know where I can find out how
young a boater in Florida can be if operating less than 10hp?

Google?

The Florida State Police? It's probably a local call from
Orlando.

Central Florida rig Rich Stern General 7 April 29th 04 07:10 PM
FOR SALE: 1975 28 morgan out island in SE Florida Brian General 0 January 25th 04 06:39 PM
Florida Bay houseboating? John/Charleston General 11 November 24th 03 11:04 PM
North from Florida Tom R. General 8 November 21st 03 01:44 AM
Can Tow from Florida to Northeast for $$ NOYB General 106 September 24th 03 01:57 AM