Default Under Way, Not Making Way, Aground and Not Under Command, revisited

"Richard Casady" wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:31:54 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

Many people drift fish with the engine off. You are not NUC unless
you are disabled.

As you would have it, an abandoned boat is under command unless it is
also disabled. Interesting concept.

Casady

It's a ghost ship..

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:40:58 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Many people drift fish with the engine off. You are not NUC unless
you are disabled.

As you would have it, an abandoned boat is under command unless it is
also disabled. Interesting concept.

Casady

It's a ghost ship..

There was the Marie Celeste. Classic case of under way, NUC.

Casady

Ho about I'm off on a cruise and I somehow manage to
destroy my prop on a rock? On the way home for the next several
days, I still have to run the engine to keep the batteries up and the
reefer cold.

Forgive my ignorance. Why do you want to keep reefer cold? Is that a
nautical term in this case?

richforman

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 15:03:10 -0400, wrote:

You have no standing to make this claim about what the court would or
would not do. You are just blowing hot air. You've had plenty of
practice.

Capt Doggy, on the off chance you have a USCG rating, I think you need
to sign up for the refresher course.

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 22:11:22 GMT, wrote:

You are now claiming to know (or possibly control?) what a court would or would
not do? I have two words for you: PUL EASE

Thank you. As it turns out I have an expert in the family.