Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Under Way, Not Making Way, Aground and Not Under Command, revisited

"Roger Long" wrote in message
Skip,

Having sat through the classes and hit the books more recently than anyone
else here (as far as I know) what's your take on the great
engine-running-but-not-in-gear controversy?

--
Roger Long

Well, I was checking my stuffing box because it had recently been adjusted.
I moved all the crap out of the laz to get to the access hatch, wedged
myself in there, flashlight in hand, had to crouch significantly to see and
was nicely wedged in. So, I take a look and it's not leaking and I can put
my hand on it, so the temp is right. Cool, so I climb out after some
struggling, put all the crap back in, close and lock the laz, and *then* I
realize that I didn't have the engine engaged. Sigh....

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com