Skip Gundlach Skip Gundlach is offline

Default Under Way, Not Making Way, Aground and Not Under Command,revisited

On Apr 21, 4:36 pm, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
"Skip Gundlach" wrote in message

In a thread seriously adrift from its original discussion, Wilbur
postulated:

If a motor vessel is drifting with its motor not running is it
"Underway" or "Making Way" and is it still a vessel propelled by
machenery?

Sorry, Skippy, but you need to re-tune your filters so you won't be so
chronically confused. I did not write the above but I did write the rebuttal
you copied and pasted below.

Wilbur Hubbard

In a thread seriously adrift from its original discussion, Wilbur postulated:

If a motor vessel is drifting with its motor not running is it
"Underway" or "Making Way" and is it still a vessel propelled by
machenery?

Sorry, but the correct term is "under way, not making way." If the
motors
are not running and it is not anchored then the vessel is said to be
"adrift."
(end Wilbur)

Sorry, Wilbur, but you need to review the way usenet attributes stuff.

Nowhere did you see anything like
On Apr 21, 4:36 pm, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

Or, even like:
"Skip Gundlach" wrote in message

in my original.

However, you either intentionally or stupidly overlooked, ignored, or
simply missed, in your haste to discredit me,

*Sorry, but the correct term is "under way, not making way." If the
motors
are not running and it is not anchored then the vessel is said to be
"adrift."
(end Wilbur)* (emphasis added)

Any cretin would have understood that, without a leading attribution,
the parts with the carats was someone else speaking, and, given my
lead-in, that the part which had "(end Wilbur)" under it referred to
*your* part of a snipped posting.

And, furthermore, you misattributed your rebuttal, citing the entire
posting I'd shown with the prior poster, remaining nameless, and your
rejoinder. Or, perhaps, it was you in both cases??

And, here, I was looking forward to your erudition on all these
terms. My bad.

L8R

Skip

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its
hands. You seek problems because you need their gifts."
(Richard Bach, in The Reluctant Messiah)