DSK DSK is offline

Default hunter 34

"Capt" Rob wrote
Sorry about Doug, folks. He continues to be a troll. BTW,
he has no sailboat. The yard he insists doesn't exist can be seen

here for
example....on my webpage:

http://hometown.aol.com/boobsprit/paige1.html

I sell sailboats for them

Without a broker's license

Scotty wrote:
Always trust the word of a used boat salesman.

Especially one who calls himself "Captain" when he isn't
one, and who says he does "surveys" that he's not qualified
to perform.

DSK

I may sound a little stupid but "what is a broker's licence and what to you
gain by dealing with a broker"
Why are they using this disclaimer"
Disclaimer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot
guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the
condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his
surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This
vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without
notice.
The broker get approx 10% plus in commission doing what?

Scotty wrote:
Always trust the word of a used boat salesman.

Especially one who calls himself "Captain" when he isn't one, and who says
he does "surveys" that he's not qualified to perform.

DSK

Last year one of my friend purchased a sailboat through a broker.
He was given a list of the equipment included in the purchase price of the
sailboat. A contract was drafted with the equipment list.
When he took possession of the sailboat some equipment was missing.
He went to the broker and informed him of the missing items from the
contractual equipment listing.
At first the broker denied the existence of the list and informed him that
it was the buyer's responsibility to ascertain that all the promised
equipment was delivered with the sailboat.

Scotty wrote:
Always trust the word of a used boat salesman.

Especially one who calls himself "Captain" when he isn't one, and who
says he does "surveys" that he's not qualified to perform.

DSK

Did he get the missing equipment, or compensation?
At least with a *real* (licensed) broker you have
recourse, as opposed to someone who just decides one day to
call himself a broker.

SBV

Scotty wrote:
Always trust the word of a used boat salesman.

Especially one who calls himself "Captain" when he

isn't one, and who
says he does "surveys" that he's not qualified to

perform.

DSK

Without a broker's license

Once again, DSK allows everyone to see his ignorance and Scotty is
along for the ride. If I show a boat for the brokerage I am covered by
the brokerage license, which is on the wall when you walk in the
office. No one there has their own license. Next try Coney's and see
how many of those salespeople have a license. Coney's has the license
and that's the only one that matters if you have a problem. Every boat
I have listed currently is on yachtworld and is under the brokerage
license.
So DSK gets it wrong for the 234th time. (Don't forget the J29 that you
said can't have a bulb on the keel, Doug. She gets hauled next week.)
Furthermore, after selling a Catalina 36 last week, the contract
clearly lists the gear included and we are OBLIGATED to make good on
that whether the boat is ours or not. Any broker who doesn't obey that
is pretty bad. Mistakes happen and sometimes we have to make good on
missing gear. That recently happened when a handheld VHF vanished from
a Irwin 37 we sold. I ran out and replaced it for the buyer.
Sea trial for the Catalina 36 is next Wednesday. I hope it's nice out!

Robert
35s5
NY

"Troll Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...

Without a broker's license

Once again, DSK allows everyone to see his ignorance and

Scotty is
along for the ride. snip rst of troll.....

if it smells like a troll....

if it walks like a troll.....

if it talks like a troll........

Default hunter 34... broker

The seller gets his boat advertised widely and represented
favorably to a larger number of buyers than he could do
himself. The buyer gets to choose from a wider range of
boats than he could otherwise, and (in theory) has a
professional supervising the transfer of ownership so that
neither party gets robbed.

This is a very uneducated summation of what a broker can do. Better
brokers, like the ones found here, can also have a full service
facility. For the most part I think it's best to deal with full service
yard/brokers when possible. Here are some of the advantages of dealing
with us:

1) Large selection
2) Extended warranty on some new boats and engines.
3) Quick modifications of a vessel worked into a deal
4) FREE sea trial of every boat we sell.
5) Easy handling of red tape for documentation and
registration/insurance.
6) Someone to turn to if you have a problem after the deal is done.
7) Better pricing in some situations where mods and repairs are
required.

If your broker can't do this or most of this, you might as well buy
privately if you can. My guess is that DSK thinks a full service broker
works on 10% as well.

Robert
35s5
NY

" Rob" wrote in message
oups.com..
..

4) FREE sea trial of every boat we sell.

other brokers charge for this?

SBV

other brokers charge for this?

Have you ever shopped for a boat. There are many small brokers that
don't offer a sea trial at all.

Robert
35s5
NY