Default Cannibal

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 14:17:26 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
snip

Cruising is cruising. It is not defined by length of passage or time at
anchor. I think you are confusing cruising with voyaging. Probably because
you aren't intimately familiar with either. LOL!

Goodness, a Sunday ride around the harbor and you call it "cruising"?
What is next? Peddling a Swan Boat on the lake in the park to simulate
a world cruise?

You're just jealous because you were stuck at the dock ALL weekend. Too much
trouble to uplug all the cords and unscrew all the hoses and untie all the
dock lines, etc.

Sounds like a voyage to me. . . Voyaging is going from a to b to c to d,
etc. Cruising is more often going from a to b to a, etc.

You are misquoting Lynn Pardey, who was making the point that The
Pardeys are different from other people - THEY make VOYAGES, while the
hoi polloi only cru(i)se.

I'm neither quoting nor misquoting anybody. I speak for myself in case you
haven't noticed.

A Cruise made by a personal friend with his 36 ft. steel hull sloop,
over the past few years.

That's a voyage, PUTZ!

Well, Willie-boy, you are, of course, are quite capable of calling a
Spade a Diamond, but the people that actually do it call it
"cruising".

If they call voyaging cruising then they are just plain ignorant. It's as
simple as that.

snip

Sorry Willie-boy, Got a wife, kids and grand kids and I stay in
Thailand because I like it..... Please note that this little,
backward, 3rd world, country, is cheaper to live in, has equal or
perhaps better medical care, and doesn't cancel my licenses....

Like it as in too old and feeble to go anyplace else. As for cancelling your
licenses, it's obvious you have no USCG licenses as where you happen to live
has no bearing on rules that apply to Merchant Mariner documents issued in
the United States of America.

snip

Finally, you said it right. "A real voyage." Hey, I never claimed to be a
voyager as I've always said that crap is boring beyond belief and an
undesirable way to sail. The challenge of sailing is not isolation
thousands
of miles from civilization but, rather, sailing along the fringes of
civililzation taking and leaving it as is one's heartfelt desire. It's not
being controlled and harassed by foreign bureaucrats and their dumb
restrictions, graft and corruption.

Goodness... the challenge of sailing. What challenge is that? You mean
that you forgot to turn on the GPS and are lost? Or that the wind got
up to 15 MPH and you had to run for shelter?

Of, course you wouldn't know anything about the challenge of sailing having
been stuck at the docks for 30-some-odd years.

You certainly change your tune, don't you. Only a few messages ago you
were bemoaning the fact that the US Government had cancelled your
license. The Thais haven't cancelled mine... I made my annual trip to
the Thai Immigrations to renew my resident visa and was in and out in
less then an hour (including time for a doughnut and coffee). Handed
over the required documents, the lady officer smiled and said have a
nice day. If that is the "harassed" that you are talking about then I
might point out that it is far nicer treatment then one receives at
the US Embassy.

Duh! I never said anything about the government 'cancelling' my license. I
only stated that the government has added a redundant TWIC card they say is
required for the license to be used for payments received. I only said they
reneged on a contract by doing so. Try reading with comprehension for once.

snip

I don't read the 'tales of inept woe' magazines any more. I've had my fill
of them since they regularly portray sailing as some bumbleing cluster****
as the norm. Take Joe, for example. His tale of ineptitude and woe is
exactly the thing one would see in the sailing magazines. And, NEVER would
there be one word about WHY the ineptitude caused the entire embarrassing
and unnecessary scenario.

Willie-boy your so called "expertise" is derived from reading books
and your activities, as you have reported here, are on the level of
that neophyte.

Says the has-been while sitting for thirty-some-odd years at the Thailand
docks.

Joe, to use your example, actually did something, he made a trip
somewhere. Yes he had his problems but as you weren't there you really
don't know a damned thing about any of the details or why anything
happened, so your comments about "ineptitude" are just the
blathering's of a totally uninformed spectator. You, on the other hand
made a trip out into the bay and, as reported, anchored overnight.

Joe did something alright. He embarrassed the hell out of any
self-respecting seaman what with his bragging all the time how great a
sailor he was and then being proven totally inept by a little old predicted
cold front. Duh! How moronic is THAT?

Try to get something straight. A trip out in the Bay and anchored overnight
and a successful return with no problems is a successful cruise. On the
other hand a trip to no matter where that ends in a sunken boat is a
FAILURE. Try to get it through your thick skull that trying does not mean
suceeding. If that were so then one would have to say the space shuttle
Challenger when it blew up was a success.
Sure, the goal was lofty. Way lofty. That doesn't make the failure a
success. Lose your faulty liberal thinking or you will never sound rational.

snip

If I have an overheated imagination lately it's probably because of
JessicaB. That girl is about as perfect as any I've run across in decades.
She has little or no trouble seeing you pretenders for what you are. That
alone makes her highly discriminating and ultimately desirable. If only I
were about 25-30 years younger I'd have to seriously pursue her.

Twist and turn some more. I said "...what a sailing life style is all
about as apposed to your overheated imagination" obviously referring
to your imagined sailing experience. You have no answer to my
statement so, in order to attempt to save face, you try an end-run
around the subject and start to talk about some woman who you've never
met and know very little about..

Negative I was just trying to point out a very obvious difference between
you and me. I like real women - not ladyboys. LOL!

Wilbur Hubbard

wrote:
snip
If I have an overheated imagination lately it's probably because of
JessicaB. That girl is about as perfect as any I've run across in decades.
She has little or no trouble seeing you pretenders for what you are. That
alone makes her highly discriminating and ultimately desirable. If only I
were about 25-30 years younger I'd have to seriously pursue her.

I wonder what that would be like... Flowers, candy (nah, well, a few),
cinnibons, help with a shampoo - like in that movie with Nicole Kidman
(without the rampaging murderer though)?

Ok, I'm really off to the gym...

Help with a shampoo - now that's hot! I'd certainly like to do that.
Especially if you were all relaxed just back from the gym!!! I haven't seen
the movie you referred to, though. Neck, ears, shoulders and (shorter)
female hair are so sensual. Turns me on just fantasizing about it.

Wilbur Hubbard

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 14:25:59 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

Hah! Got you! Bald is totally fine, unless you have one of those
pretend haircuts where men flop over some stupidly long bangs to make
it look like they have hair. I'm sure that fools at least a few blind
people.

None of that. My preferred haircut is with hair clippers on the shortest
setting then just buzz it all down. Those comb-over and hair plug boys are
so pathetic. Who do they think they're fooling? The way I look at it is any
woman who rules a man out soley on the basis of baldness is pretty shallow
anyway.

Overweight, then I'd have to pass. All that jiggling mess... yuck!

Exactly! A fat body, in most cases, is a symptom of an undisciplined mind.

You've heard that expression... he chased her until she caught him?
lol

Yes, the woman is ultimately the decider of go or no-go in a relationship.

snip

I typically ride for about 5 miles each way. So, that a good
distance... stop for a gelato or something, then head home.

Gelato? Never heard of that. Must be a California thing. We have 'smoothies'
around here - protein shakes sorta like. Our normal training ride is 45
miles and three times a week and on Saturday we do a longer ride of sixty
miles, weather permitting, of course. It's all out on the highway shoulder
and it's too dangerous if the weather is rainy or too windy.

snip

About five years ago we got five tropical storms and hurricanes in a
freaking row one summer and fall. It was a real painal in the anal. But,
since then, we've been lucky because there have been none since. We're
due.
Definitely due. Yes, the Florida Keys. A wonderful place for sailing.

Man.. I'd love to go someday... there must be some wonderful beaches
to just sit on and run the sand through your toes (long-time hobby of
mine).

Too bad you live so far away. If we were close by we could do lunch or
something just to make sure we enjoyed each other's (physical) company and
that we might want to spend a little time together sailing or whatever.
Traveling across the country just to end up in an uncomfortable situation
isn't the best of worlds. Know what I mean?

I guess there's a storm season, so just avoid that and I should be ok.

Hurricane season is from June through November but that is really way too
broad. The only real significant chance of hurricanes is from August-Oct.

Wilbur Hubbard

"Jessica B" wrote in message
news snip

I've had them (raw oysters), but I think you have to be really careful
about that. I'm not a huge sushi fan anyway. Cooked eel is ok, which
creeps out my friends, but heck it's cooked!

I would guess eel tastes like fish. Sounds better than calamari which is
tentacle rings. Seems like that would be tough and bouncy to eat - sort
of like conch.

snip

I bet.. I guess one way or another, you have to get water to the boat.
Can't you drive it into the shore somewhere and fill up?

I could go to the gas dock at the marina but that's too much trouble and
the boat can get scraped up. I hardly ever need fuel as my little motor
burns so little and I don't motor much anyway. Jugging it out is really
the easier option.

snip

I use this... doubt it would work in salt water, but it has a very low
toxic chemical issue.

http://evolvingwellness.com/posts/54...treat-shampoo/

It looks like it's got every herbal oil in the book in it. I don't see any
detergents listed so it probably wouldn't do so well in salt water.

snip

I'd say it's moderately thick. Definitely not thin. When I was a kid
my brother called me bristle head (I had a crew cut because I got head
lice).

Eewwww!

snip

Yes! Like under the swimsuit straps or just under my arms below the
armpit or on my trapeziums. I always miss something, then fall asleep,
then it's red and painful.

Hey how do you think we get the bra off without taking off our top?
It's magic! :-)

That bra removal trick does, indeed, take rubber band type arms to go
in and out of the shirt sleeves without stretching them all over the
place. Can girls take their panties off without removing their shorts
or jeans? I've never seen that done. I guess the legs don't bend like
pretzels like the arms do. LOL!

Wilbur Hubbard

"Bruce" wrote in message
snip

As I said before Willie-boy. the people who actually sail a boat
somewhere don't talk much about cruising or voyaging they usually just
saw "we went". When you start to differentiate between cruising and
voyaging you, first of all, are quoting something that Lynn Pardey
wrote and if you had read the Pardey's to any extent you'd realize
that Lynn, particularly, is hell bent on proving that they, THE
PARDEYS, are just do much better then anyone else. Thus THEY voyage
while the rest of us commoners just cruise.

But now that you have seized on Lynn's statement to justify your live
then be happy. You aren't a cruiser, or a voyager, as the term is
commonly used and your boating knowledge is from the books in your
"extensive library".

You obviously know nothing about how living aboard away from a dock and
cruising when the fancy strikes without having to prepare for weeks or
months in advance is the very essence of cruising.

Wilbur Hubbard

"Jessica B" wrote in message
snip

No, they aren't poisonous but they do bite and they have sharp teeth. You
have to grab them right behind their head.

I think I'll pass on that. Snakes bother me. You would probably find
me trying to climb up the mast if I saw one on your boat!

I have folding mast steps so you could scramble right up. LOL! But,
seriously, it was only the one time when the snake crawled aboard. Normally
they stay near the mangrove forests. I don't know if it was lost or
something. I've seen some kind of bird flying with a snake dangling from its
beak (frigate bird??) so it could be this one fell from the sky near the
boat and was just seeking refuge from danger.

snip

I think they did and he didn't care. I much prefer cats. They leave
people to their own devices. Dogs just have to get involved.

Right! Cat people are seem to be more independent, too. Dog people seem to
want to be in control and make the dog sit, lay, roll over and do other dumb
tricks. It seems to be an ego thing. Make an animal do your bidding = being
too egotistical.

snip

That's what we have here. There's no real job freeze going on at the
city level. Something breaks... just replace it. I can see if it's a
safety thing, but one of the cars is a little old? So what. It still
runs. They just don't seem to have any fiscal responsibility.

The bottom line is most bureaucrats really think the money they spend is
"their" money. They think they are entitled to it while they don't even
appreciate how hard people work to get it before they confiscate it. What an
arrogant group of people!

snip

Certainly true about Meg. (Nobody calls her Ryan.) Fortunately (or
unfortunately) Cali governors have very little actual power. I am not
thrilled about Brown. He seems to be saying the right things, e.g.,
reducing union involvement, etc., but you can never know with someone
of his political ideology.

I felt sorry for "Meg" when the liberal press beat her up for that maid
nonsense. She did everything right yet they managed to portray her as some
kind of criminal. Sad!

Not painful I hope! :-)

Ouch! It hurts NOW, just thinking about it. You're BAD!

A little bit of pain can go a long way! :-D

It doesn't seem to bother Bruce. I beat him up regularly yet he keeps coming
back for more. LOL!

Wilbur Hubbard

"Jessica B" wrote in message
snip

Pelosi is a waste of space. The only thing she's good for is the bo-tox
industry.

Whew... sometimes when she smiled, I thought something might crack.

Nancy "stretch" Pelosi. ROFLOL! The female equivalent to "plugs" Biden and
the comb over boys!

snip

I would do this if I could get reimbursed. Maybe there's a rich yacht
captain who has a few extra bucks to spend.... lol

Tell you what, I'll buy you one and even include the price of "Atlas
Shrugged" but you'll have to come and pick it up in person. ;-)

IPads are nice but they use a lot of electricity and aren't the best
platform for reading ebooks. The kindle lasts for weeks because of it's
white screen technology. Also, it's easier to read in full daylight.

All true... however, the good news is that if I buy one with the cash
(that's the present apparently), I can get reimbursed for 1/2 by the
office, because I can run some of the business stuff on it. I don't
really need it, but it's nice for watching movies.

I hope you have a nice visit with your parents. If I don't see any of your
posts here I shall know why.

Thanks! It's only for the day, but I'm really trying to go to the gym
M/W/F and sometimes (like today) I get lazy, then I get motivated and
don't get home until late... and, I have to get up at 5 to get to
work... I'm usually off by 3 or 3:30.

Keep working out. Fit women are so HOT! I just love seeing women with abs
showing. We have some women who run around here and that looks so good to
see muscle definition in the abs.

Parents have a great attitude about their kids... you graduate from
HS, you go to college, you don't move back in. It got my brother
(stock broker) to get off his ass and get a job.

Sounds exactly like the attitude my parents had. No coming back home to live
once you are off to college. Odd how things have changed with respect to
this. Old kids living at home and they don't even feel the need to pay rent
or anything. I guess they feel entitled to sponge off the parents forever.
For some people, liberals in particular, spoonging is a way of life.

Wilbur Hubbard

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 17:56:40 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

snip

Broken off or lost overboard. Bruce is very naive. It makes me wonder if
perhaps he didn't arrive in Thailand as deck cargo aboard a freighter.

Ok... that's funny... deck cargo! Sorry Bruce, but it is funny.

See, Bruce, other people have you pegged, too!

Wilbur Hubbard

"Jessica B" wrote in message
snip

Ah.. thanks for the technical name.. I guess it would add a bunch of
weight. The engine on the Cat was basically underneath the stairway.
Dave (owner) said it was pretty much near the keel, but back a little
bit. I didn't notice any leaving back, but I wasn't really looking.

Putting a heavy diesel low in the center of the boat is the best situation
with regards to the weight. It acts like ballast and stabilizes the boat.
Having too much weight on the ends of the boat causes it to pitch
excessively in certain condtions of wind and sea.

Did you do the welding? I've always wanted to take a welding class.
Seems like it would be fun to be able to attach two pieces of metal
whenever you want. I was also interested in the art aspect. I'm
betting I could get one of the commercial welders to give me a lesson,
but I'm always hesitant about work/fun mixes.

There was no welding required. Just bending and fitting the hardware. I can
weld steel but stainless steel is more of a challenge as one needs to use
some inert gas to make good welds. (TIG welding) Welding is a good skill to
learn. Did you ever see that movie, "Flashdance?" Now, there was one hot
welder. LOL!

snip
Why would you carry fuel on deck? Wouldn't it go in a tank that is
built into the boat (assuming you have an engine like that - like the
Cat). Even the little can that goes to an outboard would need to be
held somehow in case you lean over. You don't want it to go thrashing
around...

They carry extra fuel so they can increase their range and save money in
foreign ports where fuel might be much more expensive. They probably really
don't need the extra fuel but, since they've seen it done that way, they
think it's right and proper. There are so many people who are totally
unoriginal these days. They only feel comfortable following the crowd.
Monkey-see, monkey-do. These are the same type of people who will enter a
large anchorage where there is tons of space but they feel the need to
anchor right on top of me. I guess they think if another boat is anchored
there then THAT must be the best place to be. So clueless!

Wilbur Hubbard

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 15:43:44 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

snip

We make such an unbeatable team. . .

Hey I'm just telling the truth. If you said something totally inane,
I'd probably politely say you're full of it. :-)

Oh, a wise guy . . . :-)

Wilbur Hubbard