posted to alt.sailing.asa
Thom Stewart

Default Cell phones at sea

Scotty,

AND that's on LIS where he is usually within Hailing Distance of a
Conn.Beach or a Long Island Beach.

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/Pneuma

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"katy" wrote in message
Maxprop wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

I was referring to when on the dock since on the hook is not a familiar
term for Robbie....

I think you guys left before we got the new fiberglass dock boxes
throughout the marina. They are really cheap and will break if sat upon.
And they slope toward the main dock, making cooking on them a problem.
You'd need a table for the electric skillet. Another one of Eric's
bargain "improvements."

Max

They had them on B and C but hadn't replaced them on A yet when we
left....yes, they were POS...
but then, many marinas don't allow any type of grill or cooking on the
dock. Where we're at now, you cannot have a grill on the dock. Same was
true at MYC.

Otto actually banned them on the docks at Crosswinds, too, but everyone just
ignored him, and neither Dale or Elaine enforced Otto's ban either.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

wrote in message
oups.com...
Bill aka N6TGC

Is that your tail number, Bill? If so, what kind/type of aircraft

do you fly?

No it isn't... LP.

It's my F.C.C. amateur radio license call sign. I understand
your inquiry though... now that I think about it... a lot of U.S.
aircraft have that N6 prefix as well. :-)

In amateur radio... the alpha/numeric prefix is a geographical de-
signator indicating your base of operation. N6 is California... a KH6
would be Hawaii... so on and so forth.

That used to be the case, but with the vanity call sign program, anyone can
have any prefix anywhere now.

Don't know if this is the case
with aircraft though.

It isn't. US aircraft have 'N numbers', generally an N followed by four
numbers and a letter, or five numbers. Of course the vanity N numbers are
everywhere these days as well. For example, John Doe might have N44JD on
his Pitts Special.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Lady Pilot

wrote:
Bill aka N6TGC

Is that your tail number, Bill? If so, what kind/type of aircraft

do you fly?

No it isn't... LP.

It's my F.C.C. amateur radio license call sign. I understand
your inquiry though... now that I think about it... a lot of U.S.
aircraft have that N6 prefix as well. :-)

Well, they are prefixed with an N-etc. I had an Aerostar that was N601DP.
Canada uses C-etc, Bahamas uses C6-etc, Ireland uses EI-etc, Great Britian
uses G-etc.

The US numbers started out years ago using N- and 4 numbers and one letter
at the end. Now just about anything goes. I used to use the data base at
the FAA to pick vanity number for friends aircraft.

I had to get an FCC license years ago, but I think they gave me the same
number as the first aircraft I had. I don't remember now. I don't
understand why I ever spent the time to file the green paperwork. No one
ever asked me for it.

In amateur radio... the alpha/numeric prefix is a geographical de-
signator indicating your base of operation. N6 is California... a KH6
would be Hawaii... so on and so forth. Don't know if this is the case
with aircraft though.

Thanks for the info. I've never been "into" amateur radio.

LP

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Lady Pilot

"Maxprop" wrote:

It isn't. US aircraft have 'N numbers', generally an N followed by four
numbers and a letter, or five numbers. Of course the vanity N numbers are
everywhere these days as well. For example, John Doe might have N44JD on
his Pitts Special.

You seem to know a lot about tail numbers for a doctor and sailor. :-)
I'm not surprised, many doctors have airplanes. I've seen tail numbers like
N1 and N1G before. The more simple, the harder they are to get possession
of.

LP

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"Lady Pilot" wrote ...

. I've seen tail numbers like N1 and N1G before.

On my ''tail'' I tattoed ''FREE".

LP

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Lady Pilot" wrote in message

"Maxprop" wrote:

It isn't. US aircraft have 'N numbers', generally an N followed by four
numbers and a letter, or five numbers. Of course the vanity N numbers
are everywhere these days as well. For example, John Doe might have
N44JD on his Pitts Special.

You seem to know a lot about tail numbers for a doctor and sailor. :-)
I'm not surprised, many doctors have airplanes. I've seen tail numbers
like N1 and N1G before. The more simple, the harder they are to get
possession of.

The FAA used to be fairly sluggish at reissuing old N-numbers after the
aircraft that bore them was destroyed or had it's number changed. Now with
the help of the electronic era, they are doing a better job. I put in for
N(anything with 1 or 2 numbers in combo)JC some years back, and was just
informed that I could have any of several different combinations. Sad
reality is that I have no airplane currently.

While on the subject, what thinkest thee of the Piper Malibu, either the
piston engine versions or the turbine powered?

Max