posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scout

Default Cell phones at sea

"Capt. Rob" wrote
. . . the propane oven is shutdown for good,
until I decide it's worth coverting to CNG.

Why no propane? It has 2.5 x more btu's than nat gas (per cu ft)!
Hank Hill

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Why no propane? It has 2.5 x more btu's than nat gas (per cu ft)!
Hank Hill

There's been a quiet and quick switch to CNG here in my area. Without
exception, everyone I know and many of the boats I see have abandoned
the less safe propane. We almost never cook below, so I may not even
bother either way. The oven and range on the 35s5 has never been used.
We really prefer cooking on the outdoor grills.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Capt. Rob wrote:
for that matter, why not install a deep freeze and an automatic
washer and dryer? That way

Sorry, Katy. You and Scotty simply sound foolish carrying on about an
extra radio and two antennas....as if that's a LOT of gear. My 35s5 has
a fairly modest electronics pack...tridata, ST400 AP, the stuff you
find on most boats. I have no microwave and the propane oven is
shutdown for good, until I decide it's worth coverting to CNG. I'm
adding a GPS. I probably won't install the Raytheon radar this season,
which was given to me. Oh...and I have a fireboy system for the engine
and a CM detector...I guess those are also not worth carrying, right
Katy?

RB
35s5
NY

It's not just the radios, Robbie...it's the whole shebang...the
whole glut of existence you've jam packed on that boat...emphasizing
your materialism and then you turn around and claim it's for your
kid...well, we know different...using Thomas as an excuse for your
proclivity for accumulating acres of "stuff" in lieu of sailing is a
shallow attempt...you had this behavior well before Thomas...stop
using him as your excuse...he's too cute and should respect his
father for being well-grounded rather than so flighty...
posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Capt. Rob wrote:
Why no propane? It has 2.5 x more btu's than nat gas (per cu ft)!
Hank Hill

There's been a quiet and quick switch to CNG here in my area. Without
exception, everyone I know and many of the boats I see have abandoned
the less safe propane. We almost never cook below, so I may not even
bother either way. The oven and range on the 35s5 has never been used.
We really prefer cooking on the outdoor grills.

RB
35s5
NY

....and he can always plug in the electric cord on his crock pot....
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

....and he can always plug in the electric cord on his crock pot....

How right you are. Our stove has an electric option and we'll use that
when plugged in at the slip or other marinas.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

It's not just the radios, Robbie...it's the whole shebang...the
whole glut of existence you've jam packed on that boat...

Katie, I think you're making things up. Outside of a small 200 dollar
flat screen DVD player from Costco, what do you imagine we're carrying?
Our stereo is no larger (and probably lighter) than most. The speakers
are smaller than most (but better quality). And there's just nothing
else on board. No Playstations, no trainsets. We don't have radar
installed or a color fishfinder or even a coffee machine.
Do you have a stereo on board? You have this illusion that there's a
home theatre on my boats, but do you look at the pics? All we had on
Ghost and Alien were car based CD players and a portable TV with a 9
inch screen...pretty much what you'd find on most boats, Katy.
As for Thomas....he got a lot of toys for Xmas and almost all are
packedc away, opened slowly, one at a time over the weeks. And only a
few toys are out at a time as well. His TV time is very limited...his
music time is also limited. His social time is mostly unlimited.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
...and he can always plug in the electric cord on his crock pot....

How right you are. Our stove has an electric option and we'll use that
when plugged in at the slip or other marinas.

What exactly do you mean by "when?"

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...

And there's just nothing
else on board. No Playstations, no trainsets.

WHAT??? No trainset?? Loco will be having words with you.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

WHAT??? No trainset?? Loco will be having words with you.

Uh oh. Alright, I'll set up a pantagraph on deck using the boom.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"katy" wrote in message
Capt. Rob wrote:
Why no propane? It has 2.5 x more btu's than nat gas (per cu

ft)!
Hank Hill

There's been a quiet and quick switch to CNG here in my area.

Without
exception, everyone I know and many of the boats I see have

abandoned
the less safe propane. We almost never cook below, so I may

not even
bother either way. The oven and range on the 35s5 has never

been used.
We really prefer cooking on the outdoor grills.

RB
35s5
NY

...and he can always plug in the electric cord on his crock

pot....

or call Pizza Hut on one of his many cell phones.....