posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

Default Cell phones at sea

"Lady Pilot" wrote in message
news:K8XBf.78915$4l5.2267@dukeread05...

"Maxprop" wrote:

It isn't. US aircraft have 'N numbers', generally an N followed by four
numbers and a letter, or five numbers. Of course the vanity N numbers
are everywhere these days as well. For example, John Doe might have
N44JD on his Pitts Special.

You seem to know a lot about tail numbers for a doctor and sailor. :-)
I'm not surprised, many doctors have airplanes. I've seen tail numbers
like N1 and N1G before. The more simple, the harder they are to get
possession of.

The FAA used to be fairly sluggish at reissuing old N-numbers after the
aircraft that bore them was destroyed or had it's number changed. Now with
the help of the electronic era, they are doing a better job. I put in for
N(anything with 1 or 2 numbers in combo)JC some years back, and was just
informed that I could have any of several different combinations. Sad
reality is that I have no airplane currently.

While on the subject, what thinkest thee of the Piper Malibu, either the
piston engine versions or the turbine powered?

Max