posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Default Cell phones at sea

Capt. Rob wrote:
when plugged in at the slip or other marinas.

What exactly do you mean by "when?"

Scotty makes a good point. In our last summer with Alien, we visited 3
marinas on just one 3 day sail....Centreport, Norwalk and Port Jeff. So
the electric cooker can make a lot of sense even for a local sailor.

RB
35s5
NY

Best electric cooker around is an electric skillet...you can even
bake cupcakes in one....that and an electric pressure cooker
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Lady Pilot

wrote:

If our cruising range extends next year..."

Yep... no doubt about it... "HF" capability would be most desirable
if cruising off shore any considerable distances.

Needless to say... a communication system linked to satellite would
also be nice... but very expensive for the average cruiser.

73

Bill aka N6TGC

Is that your tail number, Bill? If so, what kind/type of aircraft do you
fly?

LP

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Lady Pilot

"Capt. Rob" wrote:
when plugged in at the slip or other marinas.

What exactly do you mean by "when?"

Scotty makes a good point. In our last summer with Alien, we visited 3
marinas on just one 3 day sail....Centreport, Norwalk and Port Jeff. So
the electric cooker can make a lot of sense even for a local sailor.

Have you ever tried "fasting"?

LP

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"katy" wrote in message
Capt. Rob wrote:
when plugged in at the slip or other marinas.

What exactly do you mean by "when?"

Scotty makes a good point. In our last summer with Alien, we visited 3
marinas on just one 3 day sail....Centreport, Norwalk and Port Jeff. So
the electric cooker can make a lot of sense even for a local sailor.

RB
35s5
NY

Best electric cooker around is an electric skillet...you can even bake
cupcakes in one....that and an electric pressure cooker

I have an inverter, but still don't think an electric skillet is a useful
thing on the hook, which is where we typically are when cruising. That's
what propane is for. :-)

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"Maxprop" wrote in message
news

"katy" wrote in message
Capt. Rob wrote:
when plugged in at the slip or other marinas.

What exactly do you mean by "when?"

Scotty makes a good point. In our last summer with Alien, we

visited 3
marinas on just one 3 day sail....Centreport, Norwalk and

Port Jeff. So
the electric cooker can make a lot of sense even for a local

sailor.

RB
35s5
NY

Best electric cooker around is an electric skillet...you can

even bake
cupcakes in one....that and an electric pressure cooker

I have an inverter, but still don't think an electric skillet

is a useful
thing on the hook, which is where we typically are when

cruising. That's
what propane is for. :-)

bob's afraid of propane.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Maxprop wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Capt. Rob wrote:

when plugged in at the slip or other marinas.

What exactly do you mean by "when?"

Scotty makes a good point. In our last summer with Alien, we visited 3
marinas on just one 3 day sail....Centreport, Norwalk and Port Jeff. So
the electric cooker can make a lot of sense even for a local sailor.

RB
35s5
NY

Best electric cooker around is an electric skillet...you can even bake
cupcakes in one....that and an electric pressure cooker

I have an inverter, but still don't think an electric skillet is a useful
thing on the hook, which is where we typically are when cruising. That's
what propane is for. :-)

Max

I was referring to when on the dock since on the hook is not a
familiar term for Robbie....
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"katy" wrote in message

I was referring to when on the dock since on the hook is not a familiar
term for Robbie....

I think you guys left before we got the new fiberglass dock boxes throughout
the marina. They are really cheap and will break if sat upon. And they
slope toward the main dock, making cooking on them a problem. You'd need a
table for the electric skillet. Another one of Eric's bargain
"improvements."

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Maxprop wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

I was referring to when on the dock since on the hook is not a familiar
term for Robbie....

I think you guys left before we got the new fiberglass dock boxes throughout
the marina. They are really cheap and will break if sat upon. And they
slope toward the main dock, making cooking on them a problem. You'd need a
table for the electric skillet. Another one of Eric's bargain
"improvements."

Max

They had them on B and C but hadn't replaced them on A yet when we
left....yes, they were POS...
but then, many marinas don't allow any type of grill or cooking on
the dock. Where we're at now, you cannot have a grill on the dock.
Same was true at MYC.
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Shucks, the bobspit spends most his time flopping on hooks as the
Commode.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Bill aka N6TGC

Is that your tail number, Bill? If so, what kind/type of aircraft

do you fly?

No it isn't... LP.

It's my F.C.C. amateur radio license call sign. I understand
your inquiry though... now that I think about it... a lot of U.S.
aircraft have that N6 prefix as well. :-)

In amateur radio... the alpha/numeric prefix is a geographical de-
signator indicating your base of operation. N6 is California... a KH6
would be Hawaii... so on and so forth. Don't know if this is the case
with aircraft though.

Best regards

Bill