Maxprop

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message

Overly simplified. As I said the Sun also creates tides.

Just keep digging that hole, Cappy. Pretty soon you'll be able to get that
damned Coronado in there with you.

Max

Maxprop

"JG" wrote in message

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Maxprop" wrote in message
link.net...

OzOne wrote in message

It does indeed.
'The Sled' is actually not doing Hobart this year, I believe she's
racing North instead but many of her crew will go south in other
yachts.
Built as a downwind flyer, hence the Bobsled name, when she was
launched she had a small problem with her keel wich caused the entire
boat to literally buzz when surfing over 25kts....very uncomfortable.

Exciting as that sounds, I'm too big a coward to ever consider the
Hobart, not that anyone would ever ask me to crew it. But it would be
fun to experience 25kts. on a monohull. Just once.

Oh come on... 25kts??? That's a normal summer day out here.

Try reading Oz's post again, you imbecile.

Max

Maxprop

OzOne wrote in message

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:18:22 GMT, "Maxprop"
scribbled thusly:

OzOne wrote in message

It does indeed.
'The Sled' is actually not doing Hobart this year, I believe she's
racing North instead but many of her crew will go south in other
yachts.
Built as a downwind flyer, hence the Bobsled name, when she was
launched she had a small problem with her keel wich caused the entire
boat to literally buzz when surfing over 25kts....very uncomfortable.

Exciting as that sounds, I'm too big a coward to ever consider the Hobart,
not that anyone would ever ask me to crew it. But it would be fun to
experience 25kts. on a monohull. Just once.

Max

Plenty of chances these days.
Volvo 60s are a dime a dozen and getting a ride, or even a drive is
often just a matter of asking.

The prime catch is getting to Oz. I'm hanging upside down on the globe,
from your perspective. Or is it you that's upside down? Say, how do those
Alice White bottles stay on the tables down there?

Max

Maxprop

OzOne wrote in message

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:24:52 GMT, "Maxprop"
scribbled thusly:

OzOne wrote in message
. ..

Only thing I see is the long long fetch and shallow areas that would
produce some really scary waves....

Indeed.

plus the fact that it's always so
frickin cold!

It certainly is when the possibility of really big waves is at hand.
Mostly
between November and March. Summer can be hot, sultry, and absolutely
calm.
We once crossed Lake Michigan during the summer "doldrums." I phoned my
father from what was as close to the exact center of the lake as possible,
and told him that I typically see bigger waves in my bathtub. It was dead
flat, hazy, and the damn black flies were biting everything in sight,
including our poor pup. Miserable. And hard to believe that at that very
place some waves of more than 50' have existed and probably will again.

Max

Ahhh, I'll take ocean sailing, and the almost constant warm breezes
around here...thanks :-)

So will I. There's a lot of rhetoric around here about how great fresh
water is and all that. I'll take the salt any day. It's clearer, cleaner,
and I can actually float in it. And between 15 degrees N and S it's nice
and warm.

Max

JG

Try going and ****ing yourself... just like your hero Chumpy..

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Maxprop" wrote in message
link.net...

"JG" wrote in message

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Maxprop" wrote in message
link.net...

OzOne wrote in message

It does indeed.
'The Sled' is actually not doing Hobart this year, I believe she's
racing North instead but many of her crew will go south in other
yachts.
Built as a downwind flyer, hence the Bobsled name, when she was
launched she had a small problem with her keel wich caused the entire
boat to literally buzz when surfing over 25kts....very uncomfortable.

Exciting as that sounds, I'm too big a coward to ever consider the
Hobart, not that anyone would ever ask me to crew it. But it would be
fun to experience 25kts. on a monohull. Just once.

Oh come on... 25kts??? That's a normal summer day out here.

Try reading Oz's post again, you imbecile.

Max

Lady Pilot

"Maxprop" wrote:

So will I. There's a lot of rhetoric around here about how great fresh
water is and all that. I'll take the salt any day. It's clearer,
cleaner, and I can actually float in it.

I'm just wondering why my salt scrub from Switzerland costs so much.

Maybe I should just go sailing in the ocean and save the money?

LP ;-)

Lady Pilot

"Capt. Neal®" wrote:
Yes, Grandma! Bwahahahhahahhahahahhah!

Give them a hug for me. I don't have any
children or grandchildren with whom to
enjoy Christmas. Bah, humbug!

Not until now, at least... ;-)

LP

Horvath

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 06:53:07 GMT, "Maxprop"
wrote this crap:

So will I. There's a lot of rhetoric around here about how great fresh
water is and all that. I'll take the salt any day. It's clearer, cleaner,
and I can actually float in it.

**** floats in salt water?

Scott Vernon

Tsk, tsk, tsk Such anger! Such language, and only 3 days till
Christmas. Try to calm down Jonny, or you'll get nothin but coal in
your stocking.

--
Merry Christmas......
Scotty

"JG" wrote
Try going and ****ing yourself...

O.T. Bush moves ahead in Michigan RGrew176 General 1 October 22nd 04 02:21 AM
Scared in Michigan dixon General 10 August 31st 04 02:26 AM
Trip Report -- Across Lake Michigan Dionysus Feldman General 17 September 25th 03 01:42 AM
FS 40 Silverton DC MY in Michigan Robert King Marketplace 0 September 23rd 03 12:50 AM