Maxprop

OzOne wrote in message

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:24:52 GMT, "Maxprop"
scribbled thusly:

OzOne wrote in message
. ..

Only thing I see is the long long fetch and shallow areas that would
produce some really scary waves....

Indeed.

plus the fact that it's always so
frickin cold!

It certainly is when the possibility of really big waves is at hand.
Mostly
between November and March. Summer can be hot, sultry, and absolutely
calm.
We once crossed Lake Michigan during the summer "doldrums." I phoned my
father from what was as close to the exact center of the lake as possible,
and told him that I typically see bigger waves in my bathtub. It was dead
flat, hazy, and the damn black flies were biting everything in sight,
including our poor pup. Miserable. And hard to believe that at that very
place some waves of more than 50' have existed and probably will again.

Max

Ahhh, I'll take ocean sailing, and the almost constant warm breezes
around here...thanks :-)

So will I. There's a lot of rhetoric around here about how great fresh
water is and all that. I'll take the salt any day. It's clearer, cleaner,
and I can actually float in it. And between 15 degrees N and S it's nice
and warm.

Max