Donal

Default "Sea" of Michigan!

Much nonsense about whether Lake Michigan is a lake or a sea, has been
written here over the years.

I would like to settle this debate for once and for all.

Here are some photos that depict conditions in real seas.

http://www.arendnet.com/atlant4.htm

I think that we can agree that conditions like these cannot be found on
"Lake" Michigan!

Regards

Donal

Joe

Donal wrote:
Much nonsense about whether Lake Michigan is a lake or a sea, has

been
written here over the years.

I would like to settle this debate for once and for all.

Here are some photos that depict conditions in real seas.

http://www.arendnet.com/atlant4.htm

I think that we can agree that conditions like these cannot be found

on
"Lake" Michigan!

It's a front Donal, Fronts cross the Sea of Michigan all the time.

Sea conditions look quite calm in your picture.

Best guess is there are around 5000 sunken ships in the great lakes.
It may not be a sea but it acts like one at times.
Joe

Regards

Donal

Capt. Neal®

Cool series of pics.

Cut the Mustard has sailed in conditions like that
many a time and has had less difficult a time than
those ships.

Small yachts under sail ride like a duck up and down
those waves and don't get pounded like those ships.

CN

"Donal" wrote in message ...
Much nonsense about whether Lake Michigan is a lake or a sea, has been
written here over the years.

I would like to settle this debate for once and for all.

Here are some photos that depict conditions in real seas.

http://www.arendnet.com/atlant4.htm

I think that we can agree that conditions like these cannot be found on
"Lake" Michigan!

Regards

Donal

Donal

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...

It's a front Donal, Fronts cross the Sea of Michigan all the time.

Sea conditions look quite calm in your picture.

This from the man that can see everything on his RADAR.

Way to go Joe!

100 foot waves are "quite calm"! Bwahahahaha!!

Regards

Donal

John Cairns

--

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/dtx/stm_1913.htm

You can actually find conditions more like the roaring forties.

http://tinylink.com/?8mNdUDYV1d

A pretty good read.

John Cairns

katysails

Wrong you are...very very wrong... Lake Michigan has waterspouts all the
time in the summer and has sitch waves....better do some studying up on the
meteorological conditions present on the Great Lakes...
"Donal" wrote in message
Much nonsense about whether Lake Michigan is a lake or a sea, has been
written here over the years.

I would like to settle this debate for once and for all.

Here are some photos that depict conditions in real seas.

http://www.arendnet.com/atlant4.htm

I think that we can agree that conditions like these cannot be found on
"Lake" Michigan!

Regards

Donal

katysails

A product of an inferior education, obviously. The Europeans claim we in
the US know very little about them, however, look at how little they know
about us.

OzOne wrote in message ...
On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 00:23:04 -0000, "Donal"
scribbled thusly:

I think that we can agree that conditions like these cannot be found on
"Lake" Michigan!

Regards

Donal

Wow Donal, did you overdose on ignorance pills?

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

katysails

For his sake, I hope so, too. I would hate to think someone was that
ill-informed regarding the geography and climatology of the Great lakes.

OzOne wrote in message ...
On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 03:04:57 GMT, "katysails"
scribbled thusly:

A product of an inferior education, obviously. The Europeans claim we in
the US know very little about them, however, look at how little they know
about us.

I think he was just trolling....I hope!

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

O.T. Bush moves ahead in Michigan RGrew176 General 1 October 22nd 04 02:21 AM
Scared in Michigan dixon General 10 August 31st 04 02:26 AM
Trip Report -- Across Lake Michigan Dionysus Feldman General 17 September 25th 03 01:42 AM
FS 40 Silverton DC MY in Michigan Robert King Marketplace 0 September 23rd 03 12:50 AM