Maxprop

OzOne wrote in message

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:18:22 GMT, "Maxprop"
scribbled thusly:

OzOne wrote in message

It does indeed.
'The Sled' is actually not doing Hobart this year, I believe she's
racing North instead but many of her crew will go south in other
yachts.
Built as a downwind flyer, hence the Bobsled name, when she was
launched she had a small problem with her keel wich caused the entire
boat to literally buzz when surfing over 25kts....very uncomfortable.

Exciting as that sounds, I'm too big a coward to ever consider the Hobart,
not that anyone would ever ask me to crew it. But it would be fun to
experience 25kts. on a monohull. Just once.

Max

Plenty of chances these days.
Volvo 60s are a dime a dozen and getting a ride, or even a drive is
often just a matter of asking.

The prime catch is getting to Oz. I'm hanging upside down on the globe,
from your perspective. Or is it you that's upside down? Say, how do those
Alice White bottles stay on the tables down there?

Max