Scout

hmmm,
does 'gar' refer to some heat treatment done to help shape the board?
Scout

"Nav" wrote
Why is the garboard strake so called?

Nav

Scout wrote:
"Nav" wrote

Given the current of opinion.

which often strays

To make a gulf stream of ignorance

Nav

OzOne wrote:

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 12:14:52 +1300, Nav
scribbled thusly:

OzOne wrote:

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 22:07:09 GMT, "Scout"
scribbled thusly:

OzOne wrote in message ...

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 22:01:36 GMT, "Scout"
scribbled thusly:

I reckon you dead this b4?
Scout

A reasonable deduction.

I also reckon the group reached a typically harmonious conclusion?

Within reason.

Given the current of opinion.

I get your drift.

Yes, it's not set

Cheers

Overproof

It's like beating a lame mule.... feels good for about the first two
kicks... then it's just work!

CM

"Bell" wrote in message
(Questioning look here)

You'd call yourself "Nav" just so you could know where you are?
I could call myself "Millionaire" but it wouldn't make me one would it?

(sheesh.....he's all yours, Overproof)

Nav wrote:
How about knowing where he is?

Cheers

Bell wrote:

He's trying to impress himself?
He thinks he'll impress others?
He thinks he's the only one that knows anything about navigation?
The reasons are endless......

Lady Pilot wrote:

"Nav" wrote:

Why will Katy be offended? Seriously, I'd like to know why some
women call themselves 'lady' something on the web.

Seriously, I'd like to know why some sailor would call themselves
'nav' something on the web.

Are there many sailors out there that can't navigate?

LP

Donal

"Bell" wrote in message
I could call myself "Millionaire" but it wouldn't make me one would it?

These days "Millionaire" doesn't mean much.

Regards

Donal

Scout

the 'gar' prefix seems important. Looks like the origin is the Dutch word
for "cooked" or "done".
I would think it would be put in place early in the process, so "done"
didn't work for me. But I remember building a small boat when I was a kid
and we steamed or "cooked" the boards to make them pliable.
Ok, I give.
Scout

"Nav" wrote in message
I don't think so.

Cheers

Scout wrote:

hmmm,
does 'gar' refer to some heat treatment done to help shape the board?
Scout

"Nav" wrote

Why is the garboard strake so called?

Overproof

Nav couldn't tell a Garboard Stake from a Sheer strake....

CM

"Scout" wrote in message
the 'gar' prefix seems important. Looks like the origin is the Dutch word
for "cooked" or "done".
I would think it would be put in place early in the process, so "done"
didn't work for me. But I remember building a small boat when I was a kid
and we steamed or "cooked" the boards to make them pliable.
Ok, I give.
Scout

"Nav" wrote in message
I don't think so.

Cheers

The Real Neal Gilligan ASA 14 November 18th 04 04:01 PM
dog stolen from marina Roy G. Biv ASA 5 October 21st 04 05:30 AM
how to get back on an ocean kayak? andrei Touring 18 December 10th 03 01:36 AM
The Bahamas, Key West and back. LaBomba182 General 1 August 4th 03 01:28 PM
back with a problem now Nancy General 14 August 2nd 03 04:43 AM