Bobsprit

Default SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

I also have boxes of new battery operated nav lights with suction cup and clamp
bases, trailer taillight lens assemblies, bronze props, troller motor props and
so on. If anyone needs the nav lights...6 bucks a pop.

RB
Scott Vernon

Default MacGregor 26M - Valiant 40

"Marc" wrote
No thanks, I'll pass. I'm looking for 2 piece ones that aren't stolen.

Jonathan Ganz

Default SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPA

Well, there's one way to find out I suppose....

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

TOS violation!!!!!!

Bad news, Scott. It's not a TOS violation.

RB

Jonathan Ganz

So, you're claiming that they do increase in value using todays
dollars?

Oh, and I thought you were the one so much above flaming
people.. Guess not. Another liar has revealed himself.

"Dave" wrote in message
On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 19:25:55 -0800, "Jonathan Ganz"
said:

I kinda doubt that they've exceeded their original cost in today's

dollars.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

C&Cs have, in fact, risen in value since the company's new incarnation

took
flight.

I kinda doubt that there are pigs on the moon too.

And since it's Jonathan, I should probably say the point is that my
statement above has as much to do with Bobsprit's claim as yours did.

Dave
S/V Good Fortune
CS27

Bobsprit

I kinda doubt that there are pigs on the moon too.

And since it's Jonathan, I should probably say the point is that my
statement above has as much to do with Bobsprit's claim as yours did.

Dave, 5 years ago it was easy to get a C&C 32 for under 30K. They were often
around for 25-28K. Check the average price now. Two sold on City Island for mid
30's last season.

RB
Jonathan Ganz

Not talking about average retail. I'm talking about your boat.

As to the Cal 20, I don't know. I didn't buy it as a stepping stone.
I put way more into it than I could ever recover by selling. I like
sailing it, and when I decide to get another boat, I'll probably
donate it.

wrote in message
On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 18:39:33 -0800, "Jonathan Ganz"

wrote:

I've forgotten... what kind of boat do you own? Do you
think it'll go up in value?

My boat model's average retail is slightly higher today than the original
selling price... And don't worry about today's dollar versus 1986 dollars.
During those years, I've taken equity in the form of use out of the boat

that
more than makes up for inflation. Nobody goes sailing to save money,

anyway.

What did Porta Scotty's Siedlemann go for new? What would it reasonably

bring
today. Don't forget to factor in that Scotty probably paid too much for

it. What
did your Cal20 go for new? What would it resonably sell for today?

BB

wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 20:52:45 -0500, "Scott Vernon"

wrote:

I see your math is no better than your English.

You are right! $30k would probably get you at least 15 or more

Sidelmanns
in
today's market. They sure aren't ever going to go UP in value.

BB

wrote in message
.. .
On 01 Mar 2004 23:15:48 GMT, (Bobsprit) wrote:

But maybe $30K is a horrendous lot
of money to you, Jax?

It's a horendous amount for THAT boat. 30K can buy....

A J30 and a J24
Two Pearson 30s
A C&C 30 late model
A Catalina 30 late 80's
A Bristol 29.5

And so on....

RB

or an even dozen Sidelmanns!

BB

Bobsprit

No thanks, I'll pass. I'm looking for 2 piece

As I dig through the yard's storage rooms, I'll keep an eye out.

RB
Jonathan Ganz

Being a "bargain basement boat" has nothing to do with being a minor
classic. It was originally intended to be a high quality, affordable boat.
It still is after 40 years.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
What
did your Cal20 go for new? What would it resonably sell for today?

The Cal20 is a bargain basement boat, but it's also a minor classic that
deserves some respect, I think. It's value is well beyond it's cost and

Cal was
a good builder much of the time.

RB

Jonathan Ganz

And, just look how Bobby feels *compelled* to answer every post.
Looks like he's going to be back to "normal" any day now.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
You need to read the notes you respond to more carefully. What I said

was:

Jim, while this group can offer valid and often helpful advice, they soon

tire
of a subject and turn to school yard in-fighting. It's been the nature of
Alt.Sailing.Asa for some years now. It's up to you if you want to take any

of
it seriously.
The Mac line of power sailors is generally considered by MANY to be ugly,

cheap
and poor sailing boats. They are also expensive for what they are. I was

aboard
a new M at the AC Boat show (I didn't even know it wasn't called the 26X
anymore). It was a laughable excuse for a power or sailboat. I was told it
could do nearly 25 knots, though 3 foot chop would cut that by a 3rd. A

3rd?
Such a loss of performance from moderate chop is indicative of design

limits
too steep for my blood.
Few people, other than a Mac owner will encourage you to buy one. While it

may
be the "best" compromise between power and sail, the trade offs are

downright
offensive to sailors. If you have sailed good sailboats, I seriously think
you'll be dissapointed in the Mac and regret buying one.

Best of Luck,

Robert B
C&C 32, Alien
NY