Jonathan Ganz

Default MacGregor 26M - Valiant 40

And, just look how Bobby feels *compelled* to answer every post.
Looks like he's going to be back to "normal" any day now.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
You need to read the notes you respond to more carefully. What I said

was:

Jim, while this group can offer valid and often helpful advice, they soon

tire
of a subject and turn to school yard in-fighting. It's been the nature of
Alt.Sailing.Asa for some years now. It's up to you if you want to take any

of
it seriously.
The Mac line of power sailors is generally considered by MANY to be ugly,

cheap
and poor sailing boats. They are also expensive for what they are. I was

aboard
a new M at the AC Boat show (I didn't even know it wasn't called the 26X
anymore). It was a laughable excuse for a power or sailboat. I was told it
could do nearly 25 knots, though 3 foot chop would cut that by a 3rd. A

3rd?
Such a loss of performance from moderate chop is indicative of design

limits
too steep for my blood.
Few people, other than a Mac owner will encourage you to buy one. While it

may
be the "best" compromise between power and sail, the trade offs are

downright
offensive to sailors. If you have sailed good sailboats, I seriously think
you'll be dissapointed in the Mac and regret buying one.

Best of Luck,

Robert B
C&C 32, Alien
NY