Jonathan Ganz

Default MacGregor 26M - Valiant 40

Not talking about average retail. I'm talking about your boat.

As to the Cal 20, I don't know. I didn't buy it as a stepping stone.
I put way more into it than I could ever recover by selling. I like
sailing it, and when I decide to get another boat, I'll probably
donate it.

wrote in message
On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 18:39:33 -0800, "Jonathan Ganz"

wrote:

I've forgotten... what kind of boat do you own? Do you
think it'll go up in value?

My boat model's average retail is slightly higher today than the original
selling price... And don't worry about today's dollar versus 1986 dollars.
During those years, I've taken equity in the form of use out of the boat

that
more than makes up for inflation. Nobody goes sailing to save money,

anyway.

What did Porta Scotty's Siedlemann go for new? What would it reasonably

bring
today. Don't forget to factor in that Scotty probably paid too much for

it. What
did your Cal20 go for new? What would it resonably sell for today?

BB

wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 20:52:45 -0500, "Scott Vernon"

wrote:

I see your math is no better than your English.

You are right! $30k would probably get you at least 15 or more

Sidelmanns
in
today's market. They sure aren't ever going to go UP in value.

BB

wrote in message
.. .
On 01 Mar 2004 23:15:48 GMT, (Bobsprit) wrote:

But maybe $30K is a horrendous lot
of money to you, Jax?

It's a horendous amount for THAT boat. 30K can buy....

A J30 and a J24
Two Pearson 30s
A C&C 30 late model
A Catalina 30 late 80's