Bobsprit

Default MacGregor 26M - Valiant 40

Yep. It says you have no idea what the differences are,
and you're an idiot.

What is the point of this, Jonathan? I think we all agree that the Mac26 is a
poor sailing boat and that Jim would probably do better to reaccess his needs
and limitations before buying one.
There's a Mac26X at my club. The two owners appear to be very unhappy with it.
Perhaps it's not "the boat." I've asked them about it and they seem none to
excited to "brag" about it as most owners do. Whenever I show various boats to
interested folks, the mac always brings about something like "What the hell is
that?" Few are impressed. My Hoover has nicer lines.

RB
Bobsprit

My Hoover has nicer lines.

RB

I thought you had a C&C. Hoovers SUCK!

LOL, Bill.

RB
Jonathan Ganz

Oh please. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

I think I'll post whatever I want to post.

While the M isn't the best boat out there, it's more a factor of
who's sailing it and for what purpose than it's obviously lacking
quality.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Yep. It says you have no idea what the differences are,
and you're an idiot.

What is the point of this, Jonathan? I think we all agree that the Mac26

is a
poor sailing boat and that Jim would probably do better to reaccess his

needs
and limitations before buying one.
There's a Mac26X at my club. The two owners appear to be very unhappy with

it.
Perhaps it's not "the boat." I've asked them about it and they seem none

excited to "brag" about it as most owners do. Whenever I show various

boats to
interested folks, the mac always brings about something like "What the

hell is
that?" Few are impressed. My Hoover has nicer lines.

RB

JAXAshby

joony wrote:

While the M isn't the best boat out there, it's more a factor of
who's sailing it and for what purpose than it's obviously lacking
quality.

what joony is saying is that given his skills the Mac is a better boat than he
is a sailor.

kinda sad, that is.

Bobsprit

While the M isn't the best boat out there, it's more a factor of
who's sailing it and for what purpose than it's obviously lacking
quality.

The Mac is a horriblly cheap boat. To say it isn't "the best boat out there" is
overselling it in the extreme.

RB

Bobsprit

Oh please. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

What does this have to do with the subject at hand? Are you supporting the
Mac26X as a viable vessel?

RB
Bobsprit

Better still, Jonathan...can you explain to us under what circumstances YOU
would buy a Mac26X?
I can't think of ANY for myself. I'd rather have a sailboat or a
powerboat...never the Mac.

RB
DSK

Jonathan Ganz wrote:

Not to trumpet the successful redesign of Mac's, but the M is nothing like
the X. I have a friend who has one. I was not really all that embarrassed to
climb aboard. :-)

It's not all that different. In fact the basic hull & deck molding appears to be
99% identical. We have a couple of the new models at our marina. They still
don't sail very well.

However, they are relatively inexpensive for their accomodation, and make a
great boat-shaped camper trailer.

DSK