Jonathan Ganz

Default Lifelines

I agree with this, well mostly. I'm not sure I agree with the blanket
statement
that *anything* that *may* prevent... is important. Lifelines should be part
of an integral system. Just as an Epirb is important it isn't necessarily
the
most important piece of equipment.

OzOne wrote in message news
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:50:34 -0500, "John Cairns"
scribbled thusly:

But, most of us don't race offshore.And most of don't have boats equipped

offshore specs. And, there was one recent example of a noted racer on the
East Coast, who got coshed on the head by a spinnaker pole, went

overboard
and drowned, in spite of those all-important lifelines.

Sure, lifelines won't save you every time, nor will jacklines and
harness nor a liferaft.
BUT anything that may prevent you being lost at sea is an important
safety device.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Jonathan Ganz

Yours don't yet. Eventually, they will dumbass.

"Horvath" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:23:30 -0800, "Jonathan Ganz"
wrote this crap:

And, you now claim that SS doesn't rust??

Mine don't.

"Horvath" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 09:36:42 -0800, "Jonathan Ganz"
wrote this crap:

That's stupid. The plastic protects the sails from chafe and the
hands from fishhooks. The downside is that rust can develop
beneath the plastic which shortens the life of the lines, but then
you shouldn't be relying on them anyway. They're the grap of
last resort.

Rust? Mine are stainless steel, dumbass.

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe

Bobsprit

BUT anything that may prevent you being lost at sea is an important
safety device.

When it saves you...it's important. Very good Ozzy. Even J. listed an instance
where he was rescued by his lifelines. They've caught me twice. Lifelines are
no less important than any other gear.
I'm out of this thread now as the resident trolls have entered and I've said my
piece. At this stage all that's left is for others to deny the obvious with no
substansive info and fall to insults.
Not interested.

RB
Horvath

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:59:29 -0500, "John Cairns"
wrote this crap:

Stainless will corrode in anaerobic environment. Stainless steel
lifelines+dirt+plastic cover+moisture=anaerobic environment.

My stainless steel doesn't corrode. I wash my boat occasionally.

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe
Horvath

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:04:39 -0800, "Jonathan Ganz"
wrote this crap:

Yours don't yet. Eventually, they will dumbass.

Long AFTER I have sold it, dumbass.

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe

JAXAshby

donnie, you too, eh?

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
jonny, it means you didn't understand the context of the sentence,

therefore
the substitution of one letter for another and the elimination of a third
letter in a message of maybe ninety letters has left you completely

baffled.

Rubbish!

Regards

Donal

JAXAshby

racko-nos, go away.

I usually only think of irony in terms of truthful statements. You speak in
"ironic" terms of 20 ft. seas but you can't prove you've ever been offshore?
WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!! That is ironic. I, otoh, was offshore as recently as
last November and can prove it. In fact, you can't even prove you're more
than a figment of your own imagination, "Jax". BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
John Cairns
"JAXAshby" rose up on his hind legs and yipped
Racko-Nos, you missed the irony of the statement. I think _actual_

four-foot
waves would frighten you so much you could come back talking about seeing

20
foot waves.

As high as the freeboard?

Matt Colie

I just have to laugh...

Boy, it can get real rough off Glen Cove, it's almost as stary as Port
Jefferson.

I lived under the Throgsneck Bridge for a while (the trade school)
before I got a license and have sailed the sound for a lot of years.

The stream can get rough (doesn't have to be), but the fact that he
feels that he should include it in the line with Glen Cove is real good.

Matt Colie
Lifelong Mariner, Licensed Marine, Congenital Sailor

JAXAshby wrote:
I have been up on the foredeck in 40+ knots of wind off Glen Cove, as well as
somewhere between Bermuda and Hatteras. I go up forward low and on my feet.

You've never been in "rough conditions."

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

So, when you go forward you crawl on your hands and knees?

In rough conditions I stay very low. One hand for me, one for the boat.

RB

JAXAshby

mattie, squathead, you too are just too frikken stew ped (two words) to catch
the irony of the statement made to Racko-Nos Pam. The waves off Glen Cove
would be hard pressed to go much above 3-1/3 feet (fetch is too little), even
though the winds were 42 sustained, gusting to 50+.

you see, dum-dum, racko-nos pam was saying that no sailor on aol had ever seen
"rough" water, rough enough to be careful when going forward on a deck.

dum-dum, you also missed the mention of that bit of water between Hatteras and
Bermuda where the winds didn't get much above 40 something. the fetch is a bit
more there.

mattie dum-dum squathead, racko-nos was claiming to have a longer dick than
anyone here and you pulled yours out to measure. way to go, the laughs on you.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

So, when you go forward you crawl on your hands and knees?

In rough conditions I stay very low. One hand for me, one for the boat.

RB

Jonathan Ganz

Typical boober... soon as a disagreement comes up that he can't WIN,
he leaves.

Lifelines are not as important a piece of equipment than using your brain,
e.g., keeping deck clutter to a minimum, something boob can't seem to
do.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
BUT anything that may prevent you being lost at sea is an important
safety device.

When it saves you...it's important. Very good Ozzy. Even J. listed an

instance
where he was rescued by his lifelines. They've caught me twice. Lifelines

are
no less important than any other gear.
I'm out of this thread now as the resident trolls have entered and I've

said my
piece. At this stage all that's left is for others to deny the obvious

with no
substansive info and fall to insults.
Not interested.

RB

Lifelines, slack or taught Parallax Cruising 4 March 2nd 04 03:31 PM
Bending stabchions ? Sven General 8 December 11th 03 02:23 PM
Lifelines Wally ASA 66 October 22nd 03 10:21 PM