Jonathan Ganz

Default Lifelines

I agree with this, well mostly. I'm not sure I agree with the blanket
statement
that *anything* that *may* prevent... is important. Lifelines should be part
of an integral system. Just as an Epirb is important it isn't necessarily
the
most important piece of equipment.

OzOne wrote in message news
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:50:34 -0500, "John Cairns"
scribbled thusly:

But, most of us don't race offshore.And most of don't have boats equipped

offshore specs. And, there was one recent example of a noted racer on the
East Coast, who got coshed on the head by a spinnaker pole, went

overboard
and drowned, in spite of those all-important lifelines.

Sure, lifelines won't save you every time, nor will jacklines and
harness nor a liferaft.
BUT anything that may prevent you being lost at sea is an important
safety device.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.