Scout

Default Church & State...

more wif de teef? ; (=)
Scout

"katysails" wrote
ugh....we'd still all have coal hods in our living rooms and bad teeth....

whether the U.S. would have been better off had the Revolution not

occurred.

katysails

Only in California

I shudder to think you are a product of a US education...Try Florida, =
New Mexico (name should give you a clue), Arizona, Texas and heavy =
Spanish influence in Colorado up to Montana...
--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

katysails

In any case, my favorite theme comes from Greek lit: ~~ it is impossible =
learn without suffering, and impossible to suffer without learning.~~
--=20
It wasn't the themes, and it wasn't the plots or characters I didn't =
like. I enjoyed paraphrased versions. It was reading them as plays =
with the chorus and all....Our teacher even had the chorus make masks on =
sticks to hold up before our faces while we read....was =
truly....uninspiring...
--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Scout

I'm not disagreeing with you on this one. I loved the stories but the
performances are often dry dry dry. I would have thought the Greeks to be a
livelier group of performers!
--
Scout
"I try to think but nothing happens."

"katysails"
It was reading them as plays with the chorus and all....Our teacher even had
the chorus make masks on sticks to hold up before our faces while we
read....was truly....uninspiring...

Scout

yeah, but it's written in ebonics and we can't figure out what it says.
--
Scout
"I try to think but nothing happens."

"Capt. Mooron" wrote
Don't you folks have an Official Languages Act????

Capt. Mooron

Well of course we have our problems... but we don't carry on like you guys
do and certainly don't allow it to escalate to such a fervor. The Newfie
jokes were mostly written by the Newfies and they really don't give a damn
about them I can assure you. Newfies are known all over Canada as hard
workers and honest people. The French got themselves into their own hot
water by attitude. In Ontario the current trend is against the Somalis.....
that too will fade in short order. It's not such a big deal as you Yanks
seem to make it. Your description of the enclaves in TO is accurate to this
day.... but the borders are fusing and the immigrants are new. Remember that
my family immigrated here in the early sixties and we sought out the
students from Africa attending school here to exchange views and discuss
politics. I grew up in a house that had a wide collection of African
students visiting every weekend. We weren't comfortable with the local
customs and even less with the locals. It's natural...

CM

"katysails" wrote in message

You
don't see the type of heat generated here

Bah....I remember visiting my cousin in Toronto one summer...all the
Italaainas lived in one place and the "Canadians" couldn't stand them...and
the Arabs lived in another building (high rise heaven Toronto is...) and
there were things wrong with them too. Toronto was an enclave of building
governed by nationality. And back when we were kids, the French thing was
even then an issue. And what about the national joke "Newfies"? (and it
doesn't refer to a breed of dog...) You think you can get away with this
crud because you are one of two or three Canadians who post on this group.
You forget, there are those among us who have been there, have relatives
there, and can sing "O Canada" too.
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Bertie the Bunyip

"/etc" wrote in
news
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 02:18:27 +0000, when the end of the tunnel became
apparent, Bertie the Bunyip posted:

"katysails" wrote in
:

(people) learn the rules of a language much more effectively by
exposure to others who use it correctly

And where, pray tell, are you going to find enough people who use the
language correctly to influence said individuals to follow suit?

Fox?

Awww, bertie, youre doing it again, why not join the
Alcatroll crew ?

Is there a pension?

Bertei
Capt.American

"katysails" wrote in message ...
81% of Americans said it should stay.

They polled Brazil? They ask Honduras? They voted in Mexico?

Try CNN, Then get some MIDOL!

Capt. American
Capt.American

"katysails" wrote in message ...
81% of Americans said it should stay.

That says a lot.....

Yeah...it says he doesn't know what the heck he's talking about....

No it shows what an ass you are.

Read it and weep.

New poll says Americans disapprove of federal court order
Thursday, August 28, 2003 Posted: 12:25 PM EDT (1625 GMT)

(CNN) -- Only one in five Americans approve of the federal court order
under which workers removed the Ten Commandments monument from the
rotunda of Alabama's state judicial building Wednesday, according to a
new poll.

The new CNN-USA Today-Gallup poll found 77 percent of the 1,009
Americans interviewed earlier this week disapproved of U.S. District
Judge Myron Thompson's order to remove the monument.

Thompson ruled that Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore's placement of the
2.6-ton granite edifice in the state building two years ago violated
the U.S. Constitution's principle of separation of religion and
government.

77 percent + or - 3% for errors.

IMHO they are off 3%

See how uninformed you are Katy?

Capt. American
Bertie the Bunyip

"/etc" wrote in
news
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 12:49:41 +0000, when the end of the tunnel became
apparent, Bertie the Bunyip posted:

"/etc" wrote in
news
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 02:18:27 +0000, when the end of the tunnel became
apparent, Bertie the Bunyip posted:

"katysails" wrote in
:

(people) learn the rules of a language much more effectively by
exposure to others who use it correctly

And where, pray tell, are you going to find enough people who use the
language correctly to influence said individuals to follow suit?

Fox?

Awww, bertie, youre doing it again, why not join the
Alcatroll crew ?

Is there a pension?

You get pension from day 1 on. Ask PJR.

Cool. You got a canteen?

Bertie

A lump of coal for Bush NOYB General 3 February 21st 04 08:01 AM
OT--Not again! More Chinese money buying our politicians. NOYB General 23 February 6th 04 05:01 PM