Bertie the Bunyip

Default Church & State...

"/etc" wrote in
news
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 07:43:35 +0000, when the end of the tunnel became
apparent, Bertie the Bunyip posted:

"Dr. Flonkenstein" wrote in
news
Being tired of lurking, on Sat, 30 Aug 2003 23:08:22 +0000, Bertie
the Bunyip posted:

"/etc" wrote in
news
On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 13:28:29 +0000, when the end of the tunnel
became apparent, Bertie the Bunyip posted:

"/etc" wrote in
news
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 23:21:18 +0000, when the end of the tunnel
became apparent, Bertie the Bunyip posted:

"/etc" wrote in
news
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 16:24:48 +0000, when the end of the tunnel
became apparent, Bertie the Bunyip posted:

"/etc" wrote in
news
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 15:01:44 +0000, when the end of the
tunnel became apparent, Bertie the Bunyip posted:

"/etc" wrote in
news
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 12:49:41 +0000, when the end of the
tunnel became apparent, Bertie the Bunyip posted:

"/etc" wrote in
news
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 02:18:27 +0000, when the end of the
tunnel became apparent, Bertie the Bunyip posted:

"katysails" wrote in
:

(people) learn the rules of a language much more
effectively by exposure to others who use it correctly

And where, pray tell, are you going to find enough
people who use the language correctly to influence
said individuals to follow suit?

Fox?

Awww, bertie, youre doing it again, why not join the
Alcatroll crew ?

Is there a pension?

You get pension from day 1 on. Ask PJR.

Cool. You got a canteen?

We have a fridge and a bar in each office,
and a party at coffee break. Steve Leyland
will pass the bong.

OK, dental plan?

We've got that outsourced to a Phillipine company,
works fine!!

Cool,do you allow pets in the ofice?

Only feline ones, that is obvious, since our boss is one.

Oops, problem. I'm allergic.

I was actually thinking of my loons..

We'll make an exception then :-)))

I have paper to put down for Horvath and Scout.

Ok we'll publish that on tha Alcatroll Labs site
and you'll have a yacht for free.

Oh cool, can I have a real crappy tuperware one so's i can fit in
with all the ASA sailors?

Great !!

Neat!

Bertei
Frank and Ronnie Maier

"Scout" wrote:
I'm sure your kids will do fine, given your background and your commitment
to helping them.
Much of what is done within the education system are attempts to compensate
for that which was never there to begin with: good parents and a nurturing
home.

Hey! The neighborhood kids and our kids' former classmates are all
back in school now; so it's roadtrip time for us. Given our restricted
ability to connect to the net while on the road, I'll be reading this
ng even less frequently than usual, which means I'll probably only
post about twice a year.

Anyway, I understand your positions and arguments and I generally
support the public school system here in the U.S. Like I said, I was
impressed (and mostly happy) with the processes and resources
available to our kids.

But travel, a teacher/student ratio of 1/1, and an "open" curriculum
is just ever so much more fun. For all of us.

Frank - heading South for the Winter