Capt. Mooron

Default Church & State...

Well of course we have our problems... but we don't carry on like you guys
do and certainly don't allow it to escalate to such a fervor. The Newfie
jokes were mostly written by the Newfies and they really don't give a damn
about them I can assure you. Newfies are known all over Canada as hard
workers and honest people. The French got themselves into their own hot
water by attitude. In Ontario the current trend is against the Somalis.....
that too will fade in short order. It's not such a big deal as you Yanks
seem to make it. Your description of the enclaves in TO is accurate to this
day.... but the borders are fusing and the immigrants are new. Remember that
my family immigrated here in the early sixties and we sought out the
students from Africa attending school here to exchange views and discuss
politics. I grew up in a house that had a wide collection of African
students visiting every weekend. We weren't comfortable with the local
customs and even less with the locals. It's natural...

CM

"katysails" wrote in message

You
don't see the type of heat generated here

Bah....I remember visiting my cousin in Toronto one summer...all the
Italaainas lived in one place and the "Canadians" couldn't stand them...and
the Arabs lived in another building (high rise heaven Toronto is...) and
there were things wrong with them too. Toronto was an enclave of building
governed by nationality. And back when we were kids, the French thing was
even then an issue. And what about the national joke "Newfies"? (and it
doesn't refer to a breed of dog...) You think you can get away with this
crud because you are one of two or three Canadians who post on this group.
You forget, there are those among us who have been there, have relatives
there, and can sing "O Canada" too.
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse