Scout

Default for those 95+ deg days

"DS King" wrote
Wow, that's a lot of work. What do you reckon your time is worth?

I'm a high school teacher (science and English). Long story how I got mixed
up with both areas.
Anyway, now I have nothing to do but play all summer. Besides, this was a
labor or love.

The superheat and subcooling values are calculated.

You have to know pressure & temp at two points in the system, and the

total
weight of the charge.

You are correct sir! But in this particular case, the total weight is
insignificant. I knew the saturated evap temp and the suction gas temp,
hence, I could calculate superheat of the suction gas. And I knew the
saturated condensing temp, and the liquid line temp, hence the sub-cooling
was simple subtraction. I didn't bother with superheat of the discharge gas
(got lazy toward the end).

Sounds like you are well above the average shade tree mechanic. Can you

fix
turbine driven machinery? If so, please consider moving to NC... I want to

hire
somebody to do my job so I can retire!

It's easy to see that you have a mechanical background too. I "retired"
into teaching after 23 years in mechanical construction and engineering.
Worked with boilers and industrial hvac equipment in Philadelphia and the
surrounding areas. I cannot, however, take your job! I'm licensed only to
MAKE steam in New Jersey and Philadelphia. My turbine experience is not
worth mentioning. I did spend two years stationed at a nuclear plant though
(Limerick), and did some work at Peach Bottom nuclear as well. All I know
is turbines are loud! Can't tell you much more than that.
Cheers,
Scout

Thomas Stewart

Scout,

I lived in Bucks County for seventeen years. Bristol, Pa (Levittown)

Worked for Atlantic refining Co. Drove New Jersey Rte 130 for years.

Transfered to Bellingham, Wa in 1969.
Ole Thom

Scott Vernon

Did you know they bring ships up to Penn Channel to load/unload at the old
Fairless Works?
Tulleytown, what a dump!
--
Scott Vernon
Plowville PA __/)__/)__

"Scout" wrote in message
Small world! I've lived in in Levittown for the past 47 years.
Scout

"Thomas Stewart" wrote in message
Scout,

I lived in Bucks County for seventeen years. Bristol, Pa (Levittown)

Worked for Atlantic refining Co. Drove New Jersey Rte 130 for years.

Transfered to Bellingham, Wa in 1969.
Ole Thom

Scout

"Horvath" the bitter old recovering alcoholic wrote:
I don't get drunk off O'Douls.

Scout

Yep, I've sailed the Delaware several times. It sucks. Between the speed
boats, PWCers, narrow channels, big ships, strong tides, inconsistent and
swirling winds, and of course, that gd dump, there's no ahhhh's to be found.
I'm sticking with salt water!
Scout.

"Scout" wrote in message
Small world! I've lived in in Levittown for the past 47 years.
Scout

"Thomas Stewart" wrote in message
Scout,

I lived in Bucks County for seventeen years. Bristol, Pa (Levittown)

Worked for Atlantic refining Co. Drove New Jersey Rte 130 for years.

Transfered to Bellingham, Wa in 1969.
Ole Thom

Bobsprit

I thought that you get proper head on your boat?

For Scotty? Not likely unless Gay Ganzy pays him a visit.

RB
Scott Vernon

only one.

SV

"Donal" wrote

I thought that you had a proper heads on your boat?

Regards

Donal

Scott Vernon

Do you sail in Little Egg Harbor, or strictly in the ocean? Yeah, that dump
is nasty!

Why 'Scout'

Scott Vernon
Plowville PA __/)__/)__