Bobsprit

Default for those 95+ deg days

RB

Making it an easy transition from a Winnebago.

There's a well adjusted "secure" response.
BB's boat probably has no AC, hence the anger.

RB
thunder

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 07:49:38 +0000, Scout wrote:

or just sit at the bar and save about $20,000.

Not much of a drinker are you? ;-)
felton

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:12:00 -0400, "Scout"
wrote:

a serious response? I should have this bronzed!

"DS King" wrote
Smaller diameter tubing would be more efficient.

But too restrictive to flow given the curve of the pump I chose.
Research suggested that the highest average water temp in my area is 75 deg.
I gave it more leeway and sized for 85 deg. The 5/8 is formed to fit snug
in a forward compartment when not in use. At full load (85 degree return air
temp, 85 degree "bay water" temp) I reach equilibrium with an 8 degree split
on the water loop, 20 degree split on the air in/out.

I suspect that you're either toting a huge mass of 5/8" tubing or else

your unit will be rather
ineffective once the fresh water starts heating up.

5/8 tubing (type M) is less than 20 pounds. I tested it at
various water temps using a large plastic tub while regulating the temp of
the "bay" water.

Although that first blast of cool air is *really* nice.....

And it stays cool!

... Condensate dumps to bilge

Fresh water draining into the bilge will promote mildew

Good Point! I'll probably do that!

Reminds me that I really should do something about the way the
previous owner installed the Cruisair on my boat. Everything was very
well done, all things considered, except that they chose to run
discharge line from the circulating pump out at the transom quite near
the discharge from the bilge pump(s). When the A/C is on, the water
shoots out about 5 feet directly astern. More than one alarmed
passeby has asked if that is my bilge pump

Besides, air conditioning is for Yankees and wimps.

I must be one or the other, then, because it gets mighty hot in Texas,
although this summer has been unusually cool and rainy. Rumor has it
that August is on the way, though...

"To the world, a Yankee is an American, to Americans it's a Northerner, to
Northerners it's someone from Vermont, and to Vermonters it's someone who
still uses an outhouse." - readers digest

Bobsprit

But then, I don't sit at the dock most of the time wishing I was
sailing, either.

Right, you sit at home posting. I was sailing last night. I'll sail tomorrow
and the whole weekend...while you post.
Enjoy.

RB
DS King

Scout wrote:

Final product readings at full load conditions:
GPM (of closed loop): 1.3
delta T (closed loop): 8 Fahr deg
Total rejected heat: 5,198 btu/h
Saturated evap temp: 45 deg Fahr
Superheat of suction gas: 12 deg
Saturated condensing temp: 105 deg Fahr
Liquid Subcooling: 10 deg
delta T (air) 19 Fahr deg

OK, I withdraw my previous comments.

How do you get the evap & condensing temps? Very few AC units have that kind
of instrumentation.

Also curious: how many feet of copper tubing in your secondary heat
exchanger?

DSK

SkitchNYC

I'll sail tomorrow
and the whole weekend...while you post.

Where are you going? I am making a run down to Atlantic City for a weekend of
blackjack and craps (no, not that kind).

SkitchNYC

The AC works great...looks like a brutal summer.

This after something like 17 straight weekends of below avg temps and rain.
What a savant.
Bobsprit

The AC works great...looks like a brutal summer.

This after something like 17 straight weekends of below avg temps and rain.
What a savant.

Actually tried it Monday for the 1st time.

RB
Bobsprit

I was sailing last night, while you sat at the dock in
airconditioning.

Sorry again Bill!!! I already posted a pic of my sailing from last night!
But you sound VERY secure!!!

RB
Thomas Stewart

Scout,

You leave a lot of questions. You start off saying you got rid of the
condenser & fan and then never explain how you circulate the air? You
say you have a tube in tube unit and a sealed loop but only have one
circulating pump?

I think you better take another Nap. Your dream still needs work :^) or
at least a more logical explanation

Ole Thom