felton

Default for those 95+ deg days

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:12:00 -0400, "Scout"
wrote:

a serious response? I should have this bronzed!

"DS King" wrote
Smaller diameter tubing would be more efficient.

But too restrictive to flow given the curve of the pump I chose.
Research suggested that the highest average water temp in my area is 75 deg.
I gave it more leeway and sized for 85 deg. The 5/8 is formed to fit snug
in a forward compartment when not in use. At full load (85 degree return air
temp, 85 degree "bay water" temp) I reach equilibrium with an 8 degree split
on the water loop, 20 degree split on the air in/out.

I suspect that you're either toting a huge mass of 5/8" tubing or else

your unit will be rather
ineffective once the fresh water starts heating up.

5/8 tubing (type M) is less than 20 pounds. I tested it at
various water temps using a large plastic tub while regulating the temp of
the "bay" water.

Although that first blast of cool air is *really* nice.....

And it stays cool!

... Condensate dumps to bilge

Fresh water draining into the bilge will promote mildew

Good Point! I'll probably do that!

Reminds me that I really should do something about the way the
previous owner installed the Cruisair on my boat. Everything was very
well done, all things considered, except that they chose to run
discharge line from the circulating pump out at the transom quite near
the discharge from the bilge pump(s). When the A/C is on, the water
shoots out about 5 feet directly astern. More than one alarmed
passeby has asked if that is my bilge pump

Besides, air conditioning is for Yankees and wimps.

I must be one or the other, then, because it gets mighty hot in Texas,
although this summer has been unusually cool and rainy. Rumor has it
that August is on the way, though...

"To the world, a Yankee is an American, to Americans it's a Northerner, to
Northerners it's someone from Vermont, and to Vermonters it's someone who
still uses an outhouse." - readers digest