posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Whooopeee!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APzu9zX4mBA

posted to alt.sailing.asa

For those who wish to read more on the subject of Chapter 11 and how it
previously affected companies:

http://www.stanford.edu/~zhipengz/pa...,%20JFE) .pdf

It's from the "Journal of Financial Economics", available through Stanford
Universities website.

Not only does one have to be able to read to get anything of value from the
paper, one also has to have a thinking, critical mind including being
critical upon one's own biases.

It's obviously not for everyone.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...

Dave's just snapping. Sure, labor costs are a factor. BUT GM makes lousy
cars. That's the bigger factor, as evidenced by the more expensive cars
that Toyota/Honda sell hand over foot.

So there is a high correlation between UAW workers and crappy cars in
America.

The only thing left is to show a causal relation.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 08:10:02 -0700, "Charles Momsen"
wrote:

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
areasolutions...

Dave's just snapping. Sure, labor costs are a factor. BUT GM makes lousy
cars. That's the bigger factor, as evidenced by the more expensive cars
that Toyota/Honda sell hand over foot.

So there is a high correlation between UAW workers and crappy cars in
America.

The only thing left is to show a causal relation.

I don't believe the assembly line workers have much say in the design
or marketing strategies of GM. They make whatever they are told to
make.

Duh! They don't "make" anything (other than trouble when striking, etc.) The
subcontractors do the making. Assembly line workers assemble pre-made parts.
Double duh!

Bitty Bill = Bitty Brain

--
Gregory Hall

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 08:10:02 -0700, "Charles Momsen"
wrote:

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
areasolutions...

Dave's just snapping. Sure, labor costs are a factor. BUT GM makes lousy
cars. That's the bigger factor, as evidenced by the more expensive cars
that Toyota/Honda sell hand over foot.

So there is a high correlation between UAW workers and crappy cars in
America.

The only thing left is to show a causal relation.

I don't believe the assembly line workers have much say in the design
or marketing strategies of GM. They make whatever they are told to
make.

GM is capitalized at about $2 billion. Why doesn't the UAW simply buy them
out and run things correctly? I'm sure the Democrats in Congress would give
them a paltry $2 Billion to buy the company, it's so much less than what
management is asking for I bet some Republicans would go along too.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Chinese engines:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/26/bu...evy.html?fta=y

Bailing out China too?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:59:27 -0700, "Charles Momsen"
wrote:

Chinese engines:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/26/bu...evy.html?fta=y

Bailing out China too?

Where do you think the U.S. gets (borrows) all the funds it is using
for these bailouts?

Some from China, some from Japan, some from the oil countries and places
elsewhere.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 19:40:46 -0800, "Capt. JG"
said:

Gimmes to unions?? These were NEGOTIATED contracts, which the unions are
willing to talk about going forward.

You just keep telling yourself that, Jon.

So, you're claiming that there was no negotiation? I didn't realize the
UAW
was in charge of the board of directors of all three. Could you possibly
be
any more disingenuous??

Another straw man. Halloween's over, Jon.

I'm willing to talk about giving you $100. You gonaa go out and spend the
money now?

So, again... you're claiming the contracts weren't negotiated?

Not sure what you mean by the $100? If you give it to me, yes, I'll spend
it. LOL

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com