posted to alt.sailing.asa
Charles Momsen Charles Momsen is offline

Default Whooopeee!!!!!

wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 08:10:02 -0700, "Charles Momsen"
wrote:

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
areasolutions...

Dave's just snapping. Sure, labor costs are a factor. BUT GM makes lousy
cars. That's the bigger factor, as evidenced by the more expensive cars
that Toyota/Honda sell hand over foot.

So there is a high correlation between UAW workers and crappy cars in
America.

The only thing left is to show a causal relation.

I don't believe the assembly line workers have much say in the design
or marketing strategies of GM. They make whatever they are told to
make.

GM is capitalized at about $2 billion. Why doesn't the UAW simply buy them
out and run things correctly? I'm sure the Democrats in Congress would give
them a paltry $2 Billion to buy the company, it's so much less than what
management is asking for I bet some Republicans would go along too.