posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Whooopeee!!!!!

On 18 Nov 2008 17:29:02 -0600, Dave wrote:

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 16:27:03 -0500, Marty said:

Thirty bucks an hour! Less, much less. Toyota and Honda pay quite
well. (shhh, don't tell Dave)

Have you included in the Toyota and Honda numbers the costs of all fringes
and payments to former workers not to work? Have you included those costs in
the Big Three wage costs?

Yeah, turns out the assembly line workers at Toyota are making $1000
an hour, 24/7 until they drop dead, regardless of whether they show up
on any day other than payday. They are pressing management to start
mailing them their paychecks so they don't have to break up their week
by coming in at all.

Sheesh!
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Dave wrote:
On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 16:23:50 -0500, Marty said:

So what is your version of THE TRUTH, Not at All? What should be done about
the Big Three? Throw taxpayer money at them so the UAW bosses can keep their
jobs?

Dave, you do realize that unions *negotiate* with companies? Both sides
*agree* to a contract and sign it. If the company negotiates a
contract that kills the company who's fault is that?

Certainly not the taxpayers' fault, is it? Should the taxpayers expect to
absorb the cost of the foolishness of the auto company management and the
UAW workers who followed their short-sighted leaders? I don't think so.

Agreed 100%

Cheers
Martin
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 09:44:47 -0800, "Capt. JG"
said:

Gimmes to unions?? These were NEGOTIATED contracts, which the unions are
willing to talk about going forward.

You just keep telling yourself that, Jon.

So, you're claiming that there was no negotiation? I didn't realize the UAW
was in charge of the board of directors of all three. Could you possibly be
any more disingenuous??

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 09:45:39 -0800, "Capt. JG"
said:

Sell better cars.

Good idea, Jon. They could import some of those cars from abroad, and
people
would buy them.

Oh, wait a minute. Those cars wouldn't be built in UAW plants, so the car
companies couldn't count them against their CAFE requirements.

?? You asked how they can make money. I answered. Not my fault if you don't
like the answer.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 09:47:30 -0800, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:54:13 -0800, "Capt. JG"
said:

I have a very hard time believing that any company would pay someone not
work. It certainly can't be significant, given the other huge benefit
costs,
which is the major contributor to the cost of their autos/trucks.

You need to do some homework. Google up "jobs bank."

What's the
percentage? I'd be interested to know. As far as giving up part of their
wages, it seems to me that if one has a choice between a job that pays a
bit
less vs. not having a job, it's a no-brainer.

I think perhaps you should 'splain that to the UAW leadership.

You need to try your own research suggestions.

The additional cost is about $1600 per car. That's a lot. But, they sell
crappy cars. The UAW is willing to put "all of the benefits" on the table,
according to their pres.

Dave is also overlooking (deliberately?) the fact that over the past
30 or more years, the UAW has often agreed to giveBACKS when things
were tough. Unions in other industries have done the same. Mentioning
that would be a problem for Dave.

Actually, in the last few days....

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

said:

The UAW is willing to put "all of the benefits" on the table,
according to their pres.

I'll be you believed "I did not have sex with that woman" too.

I can easily believe you didn't have sex with any woman, Dave.

Dave wins. He alluded to Clinton (pick the gender) as the resolution to the
argument in his favor. I didn't even get a chance to mention KAR! LOL

Sigh...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com