Default I hope my next load of fuel comes from Norway

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message

But I'd rather live in the US than in Norway. Warts and all. :-)

Yup. You wouldn't get much sleep in Norway ....

http://www.sfham.com/norway/index.html

Eisboch

"John H." wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 12:03:43 -0500, HK wrote:

Chuck Gould wrote:
Even those of us who usually burn B20 are still using 80% dino-diesel.
Most of the crude oil the refiners use to create gasoline and diesel
comes from places that are explicitly unfriendly to the US, (and
according to the following article the Bush Administration is
concerned that some of those sources are bankrolling huge amounts of
capital for an eventual destabilizing financial assualt on the US
economy. It's not too late for Russia or China to win the final battle
in the Cold War).

However, also acording to the following article there is a source for
crude oil that takes a very enlightened approach to using its oil
wealth. The citizens of this country earn a per capita income (not
"family income", but per capita) of $65,509 per year, spend a maximum
of $200 per yar for health care, are in better physical shape and
enjoy a longer life expectancy than most Americans.

I hope that the next time I buy fuel, the crude oil comes from Norway.
(Probably won't, though).

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...=1&cs et=true

Norway is far more advanced in most ways than the United States.

Yeah, they have enough sense to drill for oil in their back yard.

LOL.

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:00:12 -0800 (PST), Chuck Gould
wrote:

an economy where the average income is 40-some
thousand per *family*

That's a mis-leading number, no doubt pulled down by inner city
statistics.

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 13:39:04 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

Yup. You wouldn't get much sleep in Norway ....

http://www.sfham.com/norway/index.html

And it's a long trip from there to Florida.

wrote:

an economy where the average income is 40-some
thousand per *family*

That's a mis-leading number, no doubt pulled down by inner city
statistics.

That probably includes about 12 million illegals, many of whom are standing
around the local 7-11.
--
*****Have a Spectacular Day!*****

John H

...and get smart enough to drill for the oil in our back yard, before
China
does.

Ah, no. Better to drain the foreign reserves dry before hitting our own.
We know what we've got here and when the crunch comes it'd be far better to
have our own to fall back on while the rest of the world panics.

Senior Member

On Nov 21, 12:45 pm, HK wrote:
Bill Kearney wrote:
The citizens of this country earn a per capita income (not
"family income", but per capita) of $65,509 per year, spend a maximum
of $200 per yar for health care

Go do some homework on what the taxes are like. Personal property, sales
(VAT) and income are quite high.

When quoting figures it's a bit more important to be citing NET figures.

So are the direct benefits.

Norway has what the sick world needs, a metanoia, a conversion, a
reappraisal of our whole attitude towards life, accompanied by a
fundamental change in the climate in which people and things are
appraised. We need to radically change our culture to reject the
dehumanization of man so implicit in what "drives" our society in this
country today.

Wow, meaaaaaaan. that was really far out :O

OK, as long as we quit making bull**** posts like this:

"Norway has what the sick world needs, a metanoia, a conversion, a
reappraisal of our whole attitude towards life, accompanied by a
fundamental change in the climate in which people and things are
appraised. We need to radically change our culture to reject the
dehumanization of man so implicit in what "drives" our society in this
country today."
--
John H
HK HK is offline

Gene Kearns wrote:
On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 12:03:43 -0500, HK penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

Chuck Gould wrote:
[...]

May be... but I don't think I would be bothering to post here if I
lived there. Regular gas is $8.98/gal there. I don't know what I would
do as a hobby.... but, I'm pretty sure boating would be out of reach.

I'd probably own a bigger boat in Venezuela..... $.12/gal.

I was at a marina today, talking to a friend heading out for some
feeeshing, and he filled up at $3.65 a gallon. The pump operator said he
had a call from his supplier, who told him the wholesale price was
probably going to go up another 10-15 cents by Monday.