HK HK is offline

Default I hope my next load of fuel comes from Norway

John H. wrote:
On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 16:57:58 -0500, "Bill Kearney"
wkearney-99@hot-mail-com wrote:

...and get smart enough to drill for the oil in our back yard, before

China
does.

Ah, no. Better to drain the foreign reserves dry before hitting our own.
We know what we've got here and when the crunch comes it'd be far better to
have our own to fall back on while the rest of the world panics.

OK, as long as we quit making bull**** posts like this:

"Norway has what the sick world needs, a metanoia, a conversion, a
reappraisal of our whole attitude towards life, accompanied by a
fundamental change in the climate in which people and things are
appraised. We need to radically change our culture to reject the
dehumanization of man so implicit in what "drives" our society in this
country today."

As if you had even the slightest idea what I meant.

"HK" wrote in message
. ..

John H. wrote:

OK, as long as we quit making bull**** posts like this:

"Norway has what the sick world needs, a metanoia, a conversion, a
reappraisal of our whole attitude towards life, accompanied by a
fundamental change in the climate in which people and things are
appraised. We need to radically change our culture to reject the
dehumanization of man so implicit in what "drives" our society in this
country today."

As if you had even the slightest idea what I meant.

I do. I have relatives in both Norway and Sweden. Both sides of the family
have the utmost respect for the USA .... not necessarily who is leading it
at the moment ... but in our form of government.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..

John H. wrote:

OK, as long as we quit making bull**** posts like this:

"Norway has what the sick world needs, a metanoia, a conversion, a
reappraisal of our whole attitude towards life, accompanied by a
fundamental change in the climate in which people and things are
appraised. We need to radically change our culture to reject the
dehumanization of man so implicit in what "drives" our society in this
country today."

As if you had even the slightest idea what I meant.

I do. I have relatives in both Norway and Sweden. Both sides of the family
have the utmost respect for the USA .... not necessarily who is leading it
at the moment ... but in our form of government.

Eisboch

I'm not talking about form of government. I am talking about culture and
society, and what they value.

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message

I'd probably own a bigger boat in Venezuela..... $.12/gal.

And Chávez would probably seize your 25' Grady to be part of his Navy.

Eisboch

"HK" wrote in message
. ..

I was at a marina today, talking to a friend heading out for some
feeeshing, and he filled up at $3.65 a gallon. The pump operator said he
had a call from his supplier, who told him the wholesale price was
probably going to go up another 10-15 cents by Monday.

My goodness. We are just about up to what we paid in Europe 30 years ago.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
I was at a marina today, talking to a friend heading out for some
feeeshing, and he filled up at $3.65 a gallon. The pump operator said he
had a call from his supplier, who told him the wholesale price was
probably going to go up another 10-15 cents by Monday.

My goodness. We are just about up to what we paid in Europe 30 years ago.

Eisboch

If you are an average income American, the pump prices are killing your
family's budget.

On Nov 21, 10:38�am, "BillP" wrote:
"Chuck Gould" wrote in message

Even those of us who usually burn B20 are still using 80% dino-diesel.
Most of the crude oil the refiners use to create gasoline and diesel
comes from places that are explicitly unfriendly to the US, (and
according to the following article the Bush Administration is
concerned that some of those sources are bankrolling huge amounts of
capital for an eventual destabilizing financial assualt on the US
economy. It's not too late for Russia or China to win the final battle
in the Cold War).

However, also acording to the following article there is a source for
crude oil that takes a very enlightened approach to using its oil
wealth. The citizens of this country earn a per capita income (not
"family income", but per capita) of $65,509 per year, spend a maximum
of $200 per yar for health care, are in better physical shape and
enjoy a longer life expectancy than most Americans.

I hope that the next time I buy fuel, the crude oil comes from Norway.
(Probably won't, though).

In real purchasing power per capita (PPP) Norway is $42,364 as compared to
the US at $41,399 (2005)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Per_capita_income- Hide quoted text -

Very good research!

So my supposition that the generally higher taxes collected from
generally higher incomes in Norway still leave a decent amount of net
spendable income in place appears to be well founded.

Meanwhile, the Norwegians enjoy $200 per year health care expenses,
public retirement villages in warm weather climates, and other social
advantages we choose not to fund.

To repeat: I'm happy to live in the US, but I'd rather send my fuel
money to Norway than to the Arabs, the Chinese, or the Russians.

"HK" wrote in message
. ..

Eisboch wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
. ..

"Norway has what the sick world needs, a metanoia, a conversion, a
reappraisal of our whole attitude towards life, accompanied by a
fundamental change in the climate in which people and things are
appraised. We need to radically change our culture to reject the
dehumanization of man so implicit in what "drives" our society in this
country today."

As if you had even the slightest idea what I meant.

I do. I have relatives in both Norway and Sweden. Both sides of the
family have the utmost respect for the USA .... not necessarily who is
leading it at the moment ... but in our form of government.

Eisboch

I'm not talking about form of government. I am talking about culture and
society, and what they value.

I think you would be surprised. And I know exactly what you are talking
about.

Eisboch

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
I was at a marina today, talking to a friend heading out for some
feeeshing, and he filled up at $3.65 a gallon. The pump operator said he
had a call from his supplier, who told him the wholesale price was
probably going to go up another 10-15 cents by Monday.

My goodness. We are just about up to what we paid in Europe 30 years
ago.

Eisboch

If you are an average income American, the pump prices are killing your
family's budget.

I see. So, you advocate lower fuel prices in the USA .....?

Why?

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
I was at a marina today, talking to a friend heading out for some
feeeshing, and he filled up at $3.65 a gallon. The pump operator said he
had a call from his supplier, who told him the wholesale price was
probably going to go up another 10-15 cents by Monday.

My goodness. We are just about up to what we paid in Europe 30 years
ago.

Eisboch

If you are an average income American, the pump prices are killing your
family's budget.

I see. So, you advocate lower fuel prices in the USA .....?

Why?

Eisboch

The absence of general economic democracy in this country no longer is
hidden by a rising standard of living for workers, a reduction in the
gap between rich and poor, and the ameliorative effects of social
welfare programs. We have seen the deranged become normal.