Belle-Isle

Default Planning a cruise in Norway

Hi all,

I'm seeking some advice on planning a sailboat cruise in the Norwegian
Western Fjords for next year.

Can anyone provide me with some feedback on the following, please ?
- best base harbors
- reliable and serious sailboat rental companies
- books, guides and nautical pilots to prepare such a trip
- best time(s) of year
- beforehand preparation
- local contacts (?)
- any other advice I might have overlooked

I would really be grateful if anyone could share information, or point me in
the right direction.
Note : I can read English, French and Spanish.

Belle-Isle

Jørn Søderholm

- best base harbors

I'd suggest Stavanger or perhaps Bergen.

- reliable and serious sailboat rental companies

Njaa Yachts http://www.njaa.no/ shouldn't do much wrong, and they're based
in the Stavanger area.
http://www.stavanger-seil.no/ (norwegian site with email-adresses and phone
numbers) has a couple of boats for rent.

- best time(s) of year

June or late august :-). "Everybody" has vacation in July and early august.
Biggest crowds in the ports on the southeast coast, but southwest / west
coast is also popular. More stable weather in late august than in june.

Good luck

Jorn Soderholm
Norway (Oslofjord / southeast coast).

Robin

"Belle-Isle" skrev i melding
. ..
Hi all,

I'm seeking some advice on planning a sailboat cruise in the Norwegian
Western Fjords for next year.

Can anyone provide me with some feedback on the following, please ?
- best base harbors
- reliable and serious sailboat rental companies
- books, guides and nautical pilots to prepare such a trip
- best time(s) of year
- beforehand preparation
- local contacts (?)
- any other advice I might have overlooked

I would really be grateful if anyone could share information, or point me

in
the right direction.
Note : I can read English, French and Spanish.

Belle-Isle

try following links:

www.visitnorway.com a great site about norway in all language, simple but
ok. you can find everyting about norway, wrote by The Norwegian Tourist
Board .