Dan Dan is offline

Default Cruise Ship Runs Aground in Atlantic ICW - Obstruction BlocksTraffic

HK wrote:

Does he trailer that mystery boat from Lake Lanier?

If I had the time, I'd archive posts like this - for "giggles"!
Dan Dan is offline

HK wrote:

Does he trailer that mystery boat from Lake Lanier?

He previously stated here that he does not have a trailer. He must
have a boat that converts to an airplane. ;-)

A flying boat!

Wish I were living along the Atlantic again, or closer to it than we are
now.

My wife is talking a bit about Hilton Head Island as a possible
retirement area. Gosh, *that* would break my heart.

Notice the smooth transition to narcissism. Well done, Krause!

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 17:25:30 -0500, HK wrote:

My wife is talking a bit about Hilton Head Island as a possible
retirement area. Gosh, *that* would break my heart.

Red neck country. You might not fit in.
HK HK is offline

Wayne.B wrote:
On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 17:25:30 -0500, HK wrote:

My wife is talking a bit about Hilton Head Island as a possible
retirement area. Gosh, *that* would break my heart.

Red neck country. You might not fit in.

If there are rednecks on Hilton Head Isle, they are sweeping up.

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 19:56:17 -0500, HK wrote:

Wayne.B wrote:
On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 17:25:30 -0500, HK wrote:

My wife is talking a bit about Hilton Head Island as a possible
retirement area. Gosh, *that* would break my heart.

Red neck country. You might not fit in.

If there are rednecks on Hilton Head Isle, they are sweeping up.

How ecumenical of you.

posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

On 2007-11-12 19:33:41 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
said:

The large container ships I have seen leave a nice rolling wake. While
it was not a problem (we took them at 35-45 degrees) I have never seen
a trawler (or even a floating RV) leaving a wake as large. I am trying
to figure out what kind of boat, a rec.boater would have that is
leaving a wake larger than a container ship.

Agreement that the container ships leave less steep wakes that are no
problem, even when I am only a few boat lengths away (we're *on* the
channel, so sometimes have to wait for traffic to pass).

Have seen a few powerboats throw as high wakes, though, and they were
much more square-shouldered. THEY can cause problems when they pass
within a few hundred yards.

Side issue: Silliest thing I see on the Bay is the mid-size Sea Rays
(primarily) going along "on plane" with the bow ridiculously above the
helmsman's line of sight. They throw an enormous wake for their size
and speed and look so strange with their bows pointing up to the sky.

--
Jere Lull
Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD