JimH

Default Eyewitness: "I Never Heard the Word 'Bomb'"

"John H." wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 09:50:28 -0500, thunder
wrote:

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 09:00:15 -0500, John H. wrote:

Your words, not mine. I've never used that phrase to refer to the
Catholic church.

\
George W. Bush: American Nero.

Bull****! You said, "...your stinking religion..." I am Catholic, and
have
probably said so in the group, or at least implied same. In any case,
you've undoubtedly got the information in your 'rec.boats data base'.

A little spinning there, aren't you John? When Harry used that phrase the
meaning was clear. It was a statement on the separation of church and
state, not a slight on any religion.

The context:

As I have oft posted: this is America; keep your stinking religion out
of my state. What you do in your home or in your church or in your
church-related schools is the business of you and your co-religionists,
but please don't try to shovel those activities or beliefs onto the rest
of us through governmental action.

PS. If his comment was meant to say something different, he could have
easily apologized. He's had
many opportunities.

--
John H

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Wishing you Peace, Fellowship, and Good Humor as we celebrate the birth of
OUR Lord, Jesus Christ on the Christmas Holy Day.

Don't you dare ask for an apology here or Harry will accuse you of whining.

John H.

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 13:22:50 -0500, " JimH" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Because of #5, I'd never ask Harry for an apology.

(5) has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of
especially favorable treatment or
automatic compliance with his or her expectations.

--
John H

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Wishing you Peace, Fellowship, and Good Humor as we celebrate the birth of OUR Lord, Jesus Christ on the Christmas Holy Day.
Lord Reginald Smithers

Harry,
Is it better that you called everyone religion "stinking" versus just
JohnH's Catholic faith?

As JonnH asked you wouldn't it make more sense to say "Keep your religion
out my faith". I would think a Ivy League educated individual like yourself
would understand the significance of calling anyone's religion "stinking".

wrote:

[...]

We disagree.

He could more easily have said, "keep religion out of my state."

The 'your' in his response referred to me.

--
John H

You're so vain, you thought that post was about you.

The "your" is universal, not personal. I've used that expression for
years.

Religious beliefs and practices, so long as they aren't harmful, are not
my concern if they are kept in houses of worship, homes, religion-related
schools, et cetera. As soon as they intrude into the common weal, and
start to try to force others to their way of thinking, they stink.

--
SUPPORT BUSH'S ENEMIES BUY CITGO GAS.

John H.

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 14:01:40 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

John H. wrote:
[...]

When you respond to my post, and you say 'your' in the response, we know to whom you refer.

Is the 'You're' above a 'universal' you're? Are you referring to everyone, instead of me personally?

There is a saying somewhere about a Christmas goose being full of something. I don't remember
exactly, but I'm thinking it applies to you very well.

Tap, tap, tap.

--
John H

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Wishing you Peace, Fellowship, and Good Humor as we celebrate the birth of OUR Lord, Jesus Christ on the Christmas Holy Day.
Jim Carter

"John H." wrote in message
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Wishing you Peace, Fellowship, and Good Humor as we celebrate the birth of

OUR Lord, Jesus Christ on the Christmas Holy Day.

John, could you quote the chapter and verse in your bible that says Jesus
Christ was born in December?
Thanks.....

Jim C.

John H.

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 20:41:25 -0500, "Jim Carter" wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
.. .
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Wishing you Peace, Fellowship, and Good Humor as we celebrate the birth of

OUR Lord, Jesus Christ on the Christmas Holy Day.

John, could you quote the chapter and verse in your bible that says Jesus
Christ was born in December?
Thanks.....

Jim C.

Can you quote the chapter in your history book that says Martin Luther King, Jr. was born on the
third Monday in January?

No, I probably could not find December 25th mentioned anywhere in the Bible. I won't even look.

So what?

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 20:57:11 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

Jim Carter wrote:
"John H." wrote in message
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Wishing you Peace, Fellowship, and Good Humor as we celebrate the birth of

OUR Lord, Jesus Christ on the Christmas Holy Day.

John, could you quote the chapter and verse in your bible that says Jesus
Christ was born in December?
Thanks.....

Jim C.

I'd like to see the proof that the pious Jewish fella Herring worships
is who Herring claims, and that this fella he worships thought it would
be a good idea for a bunch of guys a few hundred years after his death
to invent a religion based upon him.

Harry, why not show this post to the celebrant at the solemn high mass you will be attending.

I've never been able to understand how anyone could be so extremely disrespectful of another's
religion, regardless of what it is.

Jim Carter wrote:
"John H." wrote in message
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Wishing you Peace, Fellowship, and Good Humor as we celebrate the birth of
OUR Lord, Jesus Christ on the Christmas Holy Day.

John, could you quote the chapter and verse in your bible that says Jesus
Christ was born in December?
Thanks.....

Jim C.

I'd like to see the proof that the pious Jewish fella Herring worships
is who Herring claims, and that this fella he worships thought it would
be a good idea for a bunch of guys a few hundred years after his death
to invent a religion based upon him.

Harry, why not show this post to the celebrant at the solemn high mass you will be attending.

I've never been able to understand how anyone could be so extremely disrespectful of another's
religion, regardless of what it is.

I'm not at all disrespectful. If you are a Christian, you accept Jesus
as your saviour on faith alone. There's no "proof," per se. And it is an
absolute fact that the religion was not a creation of that Jesus, but of
men that lived hundreds of years later.

Which is neither here or there, nor good or bad. It just is.

Harry, you've no idea *what* you are.

wrote:
John, could you quote the chapter and verse in your bible that says Jesus
Christ was born in December?
Thanks.....
Jim C.

Can you quote the chapter in your history book that says Martin Luther

King, Jr. was born on the
third Monday in January?
No, I probably could not find December 25th mentioned anywhere in the

Bible. I won't even look.
So what?
John H

Well John H. The reason that I am asking you if you could quote the chapter
and verse in your bible that says Jesus Christ was born in December is
because he wasn't born in December at all. Bible historians state that
Jesus was born in the fall of the year, not in winter. That, you will find
in your Bible. Go look it up. You are the Christian, I am not.
Therefore you should know what your bible says with regards to the birthdate
of your Jesus Christ. You must be celebrating on the wrong day!

My history books tell me that Martin Luther King Jr., was born on the the
15th of January. What does that have to do with Christmas? I don't
celebrate his birthday either.

Jim C.

Lord Reginald Smithers

JimC,
Why is the fact that Dec. 25th is not the actual birthday of JC matter? I
don't think anyone really thinks 12/25 is his birthday, they use that annual
date to celebrate his birth. It is very common among parents who adopted
children from overseas, to designate a date to celebrate the child's
birthday. They know it is not the actual date, but it allows them to
celebrate their child's birthday. Why is this so hard to understand?