Doug Kanter

Default Eyewitness: "I Never Heard the Word 'Bomb'"

Rewritten #2, interrupted and mangled by a phonecall mid-stream:

2) This is not a question: I explained that while it might produce a
twitch as the brain was disconnected from the spinal cord, all other
shooting options were ineffective and unacceptable.

John H.

On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 17:42:44 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 11:52:56 -0500, "Lord Reginald Smithers" Ask me
about my driveway leading up to my manor. wrote:

. ..

Harry is just being difficult for the sake of being difficult. He
knows the Marshal was right in what he did, but his local street cred
would suffer if he didn't take an opposing POV. :)

Tom,
Are you saying Harry just takes the opposing viewpoint to be difficult, that
he really doesn't believe what he says? You might be right, I have seen
Harry take strong stands on issues that are 180 degrees different than the
stand he took 30 days previous. That is the reason why he doesn't allow his
posts to be archived.

Not at all. I think that Harry knows full well the complexities of
this situation, and is very aware that the Marshal was right to do
what he did. He is just taking this stand because to do otherwise
would put him in an awkward position with respect to his normal
attitudes with things like this, thus his local street cred would be
hurt if he didn't.

You are most charitable!

--
John H

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Wishing you Peace, Fellowship, and Good Humor as we celebrate the birth of OUR Lord, Jesus Christ on the Christmas Holy Day.
NOYB

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

You have said you own a handgun. Would it be correct to assume that you've
pondered the possibility that you might have to use it against an intruder
in your home? Not point it and then argue. I mean USE it. If your answer
is yes, then have you spent any time at all reading about HOW to use it in
those circumstances?

I'd nuke them. ;-)

John H.

On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 14:21:55 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

John H. wrote:

Tell us about the solemn high mass you bragged about earlier. Is it an 'off limits' subject now that
you've opened your mouth?

--
John H

What is there about a Christmas evening mass you don't understand?

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Same to you.

Wishing you Peace, Fellowship, and Good Humor as we celebrate the birth of OUR Lord, Jesus Christ on the Christmas Holy Day

Who is this "we" to whom you keep referring?

What I don't understand is why you would attend a service of a 'stinking' (in your words) religion?
Are you going by yourself to do some research so you can come back and make attacks on the Catholic
Church? Or, are you going with some friends who may have invited you to a celebration mass? If the
latter, I hope you're honest enough to tell them what you *really* think!

--
John H

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Wishing you Peace, Fellowship, and Good Humor as we celebrate the birth of OUR Lord, Jesus Christ on the Christmas Holy Day.
Lord Reginald Smithers

JohnH,

I am not Catholic, but I thought Christmas Mass was like a Jewish Temple for
the High Holidays. You had so many people showing up that they had trouble
sitting all of the people who wanted to attend. Many temples will provide
tickets to the active members of the temple. Do they ever limit attendance
to at the Church to active Catholics? Or do they allow the dregs of society
in?

I am just wondering how Harry is allowed to attend Christmas Mass. A non
Catholic, who is not even a Christian. Does this mean an active, devote
Catholic will have to stand up in the back of Church so Harry can attend
Mass?

John H. wrote:

Tell us about the solemn high mass you bragged about earlier. Is it an 'off limits' subject now that
you've opened your mouth?

--
John H

What is there about a Christmas evening mass you don't understand?

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Same to you.

Wishing you Peace, Fellowship, and Good Humor as we celebrate the birth of OUR Lord, Jesus Christ on the Christmas Holy Day
Who is this "we" to whom you keep referring?

What I don't understand is why you would attend a service of a 'stinking' (in your words) religion?

Your words, not mine. I've never used that phrase to refer to the
Catholic church.

\
George W. Bush: American Nero.

Bull****! You said, "...your stinking religion..." I am Catholic, and have probably said so in the
group, or at least implied same. In any case, you've undoubtedly got the information in your
'rec.boats data base'.

--
John H

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Wishing you Peace, Fellowship, and Good Humor as we celebrate the birth of OUR Lord, Jesus Christ on the Christmas Holy Day.
Bert Robbins

wrote in message . ..
JohnH,

I am not Catholic, but I thought Christmas Mass was like a Jewish Temple
for the High Holidays. You had so many people showing up that they had
trouble sitting all of the people who wanted to attend. Many temples will
provide tickets to the active members of the temple. Do they ever limit
attendance to at the Church to active Catholics? Or do they allow the
dregs of society in?

Christmas and Easter Masses have the highest attendance with Easter being
the higher of the two. You need to get there at least 30 minutes before the
start and 45 minutes to an hour early is best. It is a first come gets the
best seat.

I have heard that the Jewish Temples will reserve, for a fee, a seat for
those that regularly attend services and for those the have a very fat check
book, this is according to my next door neighbor who is Jewish.

I am just wondering how Harry is allowed to attend Christmas Mass. A non
Catholic, who is not even a Christian. Does this mean an active, devote
Catholic will have to stand up in the back of Church so Harry can attend
Mass?

Everyone is welcome, even Harry. The Catholic are in the business of saving
souls and contrary to popular belief Harry has a soul and it is worth trying
to save. There will be many people standing in the back due to them just
being habitually late so Harry shouldn't feel guilty about taking some poor
old grandmother's seat away from her.

"John H." wrote in message

Bull****! You said, "...your stinking religion..." I am Catholic, and have
probably said so in the
group, or at least implied same. In any case, you've undoubtedly got the
information in your
'rec.boats data base'.

I find Catholicism amazing, if only for the way it takes what could be a
half hour wedding ceremony and turns it into something else entirely. At the
last one, my wife and I heard "with Jesus", "in Jesus", "for Jesus", etc. so
many times that we really wondered exactly who was getting married - the
bride & groom, or one of them to Jesus, in absentia. And, we got some
terrific leg exercise. Stand up, sit down, stand up, sit down, stand up, sit
down....at least 1000 times.

The reception was held in the large meeting room of a local gun club, which
made for some interesting humor.

John H.

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 08:41:53 -0500, "Lord Reginald Smithers" Ask me about my driveway leading up to
my manor. wrote:

JohnH,

I am not Catholic, but I thought Christmas Mass was like a Jewish Temple for
the High Holidays. You had so many people showing up that they had trouble
sitting all of the people who wanted to attend. Many temples will provide
tickets to the active members of the temple. Do they ever limit attendance
to at the Church to active Catholics? Or do they allow the dregs of society
in?

I am just wondering how Harry is allowed to attend Christmas Mass. A non
Catholic, who is not even a Christian. Does this mean an active, devote
Catholic will have to stand up in the back of Church so Harry can attend
Mass?

Most Catholic churches have a 'midnight mass' which is, as you say, packed. There are also masses on
Christmas day, but the midnight mass seems to be the most popular. I've never heard of tickets being
used, or any other attempt to limit attendance. The dregs are allowed.

If Harry is attending such a mass, then he surely has a motive. My guess is that he was invited to
attend by someone to whom he feels a need to 'suck up'. Or, he just wants to be able to disparage
the mass next time he's in the group. Or both.