Default Eyewitness: "I Never Heard the Word 'Bomb'"

Incidentally, the same mutants are hired by schools. At night, when nobody's
there, they come and adjust the water fountains so the stream is so low that
you have to touch the metal in order to get water. The goal is to spread as
much disease as possible. If these mutants turn out to be incompetent at
this task, they're demoted and become school bus drivers.

And then the ultimate graduation...

They claim to have owned exotic Italian motorcycles that never were
made, attend, and hear great concerts that never happened...

As I have oft posted: this is America; keep your stinking religion out
of my state. What you do in your home or in your church or in your
church-related schools is the business of you and your co-religionists,
but please don't try to shovel those activities or beliefs onto the rest
of us through governmental action.

Wow, I'm glad the US constitution doesn't garentee "restriction of
religion"

Don White

Lord Reginald Smithers wrote:
JohnH,

I am not Catholic, but I thought Christmas Mass was like a Jewish Temple for
the High Holidays. You had so many people showing up that they had trouble
sitting all of the people who wanted to attend. Many temples will provide
tickets to the active members of the temple. Do they ever limit attendance
to at the Church to active Catholics? Or do they allow the dregs of society
in?

I am just wondering how Harry is allowed to attend Christmas Mass. A non
Catholic, who is not even a Christian. Does this mean an active, devote
Catholic will have to stand up in the back of Church so Harry can attend
Mass?

First come...first served in my area.
Don White

Doug Kanter wrote:
"John H." wrote in message

Bull****! You said, "...your stinking religion..." I am Catholic, and have
probably said so in the
group, or at least implied same. In any case, you've undoubtedly got the
information in your
'rec.boats data base'.

I find Catholicism amazing, if only for the way it takes what could be a
half hour wedding ceremony and turns it into something else entirely. At the
last one, my wife and I heard "with Jesus", "in Jesus", "for Jesus", etc. so
many times that we really wondered exactly who was getting married - the
bride & groom, or one of them to Jesus, in absentia. And, we got some
terrific leg exercise. Stand up, sit down, stand up, sit down, stand up, sit
down....at least 1000 times.

The reception was held in the large meeting room of a local gun club, which
made for some interesting humor.

You should have been around in the good old days when you had to kneel
at least a third of the mass...and when I was a kid there was no plushy
padding for your knees.

302. Doug Kanter
Dec 10, 8:39 am show options

Newsgroups: rec.boats
From: "Doug Kanter" - Find messages by this
author

"John H." wrote in message

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 14:07:52 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Normally, a wedding ceremony is part of a mass. It is added to what would
normally be a mass. It may
have been what the Catholic Church refers to as a 'High Mass', which is
quite a bit longer than a
regular mass (much more 'pomp and circumstance', although I don't mean
that in a derogatory way).

The number of times you hear the name 'Jesus' is very dependent on the
scripture readings and the
gospel reading for the particular day. In some of those the word is seldom
used, in others it's used
quite frequently.

Catholicism *is* amazing. I'm not nearly as steadfast in my practice as I
used to be, because the
Church and I disagree on a few points.

Here's one of many reasons I avoid *all* religions, except fishing.
Somewhere, there is a secret society that teaches janitors or building
management people how to make certain rooms unliveable. It usually
involves
cranking the heat up to about 90, but somehow doing it without moving
the
air, so it's as stuffy as possible. Churches and synagogues are the
worst in
this regard. It's insulting. I won't go, unless someone dies or gets
married.

Incidentally, the same mutants are hired by schools. At night, when
nobody's
there, they come and adjust the water fountains so the stream is so low
that
you have to touch the metal in order to get water. The goal is to
spread as
much disease as possible. If these mutants turn out to be incompetent
at
this task, they're demoted and become school bus drivers.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Doug Kanter

wrote in message
oups.com...
Incidentally, the same mutants are hired by schools. At night, when
nobody's
there, they come and adjust the water fountains so the stream is so low
that
you have to touch the metal in order to get water. The goal is to spread
as
much disease as possible. If these mutants turn out to be incompetent at
this task, they're demoted and become school bus drivers.

And then the ultimate graduation...

They claim to have owned exotic Italian motorcycles that never were
made, attend, and hear great concerts that never happened...

I saw the Grateful Dead perform "Bolero" with Leonard Bernstein. I think.

Doug Kanter

Oh well. There goes a perfectly good gun discussion, right down the toilet.
:-(

Skipper

Default Krause Proven Wrong

Doug Kanter wrote:

Oh well. There goes a perfectly good gun discussion, right down the toilet.
:-(

That's what happens when Krause is proven wrong. Face it, his position
was severely flawed. So much so, that his usual smoke 'n mirrors just
didn't mask his ignorance of the subject.

--
Skipper
Lord Reginald Smithers

Doug,
I thought the gun discussion was a deviation from my favorite topic of Cops
shooting innocent individuals or was it Bush teaches cops to shot innocent
individuals. Who the heck knows, the tangents in these threads have their
own life.